CDRW & DVD Probelms

Tags:
  • Windows XP
January 5, 2005 11:31:02 AM

I have an EMachine T2085 desktop running XP sp1. Everything was fine until
recently when I ran erro check. Now, my CDRW & DVD drives do not show in
Explorer and are not listed as devices in device manager. In addition, the
CDRW drive does not even open open. I have attempted to search from new h/w
devices... no luck.

Any ideas?

More about : cdrw dvd probelms

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:29:03 PM

I do not know. I am not sure wherwe to look and what to look for. If you can
provide that info, I can take a look.

"Charlie P" wrote:

> I have an EMachine T2085 desktop running XP sp1. Everything was fine until
> recently when I ran erro check. Now, my CDRW & DVD drives do not show in
> Explorer and are not listed as devices in device manager. In addition, the
> CDRW drive does not even open open. I have attempted to search from new h/w
> devices... no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 8:13:13 PM

Hi

Do they show up in the BIOS?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Charlie P" <Charlie P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an EMachine T2085 desktop running XP sp1. Everything was fine until
> recently when I ran erro check. Now, my CDRW & DVD drives do not show in
> Explorer and are not listed as devices in device manager. In addition,
> the
> CDRW drive does not even open open. I have attempted to search from new
> h/w
> devices... no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
January 5, 2005 8:13:14 PM

I am not really sure where to look in BOIS or what to look for. If you know
and can provide that, I can take a look.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do they show up in the BIOS?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Charlie P" <Charlie P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an EMachine T2085 desktop running XP sp1. Everything was fine until
> > recently when I ran erro check. Now, my CDRW & DVD drives do not show in
> > Explorer and are not listed as devices in device manager. In addition,
> > the
> > CDRW drive does not even open open. I have attempted to search from new
> > h/w
> > devices... no luck.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 8:59:00 PM

Hi

BIOSes are different. You'll have to look in the manual for your
motherboard. That should tell you how to access the BIOS + which menu to
access for your CD\DVD drives.

--

>I am not really sure where to look in BOIS or what to look for. If you
>know
> and can provide that, I can take a look.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Do they show up in the BIOS?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Charlie P" <Charlie P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an EMachine T2085 desktop running XP sp1. Everything was fine
>> >until
>> > recently when I ran erro check. Now, my CDRW & DVD drives do not show
>> > in
>> > Explorer and are not listed as devices in device manager. In addition,
>> > the
>> > CDRW drive does not even open open. I have attempted to search from
>> > new
>> > h/w
>> > devices... no luck.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:59:22 AM

Hi

Ergo - go to the mobo's manufacturer's web site. They will have manuals to
download there.

--

"~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:o xVYVB38EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> news:o KKU8A18EHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> BIOSes are different. You'll have to look in the manual for your
>> motherboard. That should tell you how to access the BIOS + which menu to
>> access for your CD\DVD drives.
> ============================
> Please remember that PC mfg.'s do not give motherboard or other *manuals*
> with the computer. We're lucky to get a small brochure of information on
> how to set the PC up, where to plug in the mouse etc. Maybe information
> should also be give for those of us with no manuals.
>
> FS~
> Lots of goodies here.
> Pricelessware's FREE SOFTWARE:
> http://www.pricelessware.org
> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 10:01:05 PM

Try this page at HP: http://search.hp.com/query.html?hpvc=US+-+English&lang=... pick your computer model.

--
Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message news:utniKm78EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| Negative. I was unable to locate a BIOS manual to download from the
| AmericanMegatrend website. My BIOS just says: American Megatrends Inc.
| 3.11 I was unable to locate a manual there for such a thing. The BOARD
| is a ASUSTeK Computer INC. 'P4SD-LA' . I was unable to locate anything
| regarding this 2 yr old P4SD-LA at the Asus website, no less a manual.
| Perhaps if you order the MB through these sites they point you to the
| manual, but mine came on this HP PC.
|
| FS~
| Completely FREE software:
| http://www.pricelessware.org
| http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 4:32:28 PM

> "» mrtee «" <hingelicker$@new.rr.com> wrote in message
> Try this page at HP:

http://search.hp.com/query.html?hpvc=US+-+English&lang=...
> pick your computer model.
>
> --
> Just my 2¢ worth,
> Jeff
> =====================
> Thanks... Perhaps they'll have some information on it.
>
> FS~
> Completely FREE software:
> http://www.pricelessware.org
> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 5:37:02 PM

And all it takes are reading skills, a sense of initiative and a willingness
to take responsibility.
--
Ted Zieglar

!