Laptop start up speed

a b D Laptop
January 5, 2005 5:39:55 PM

Roberto

When I start my laptop it takes three minutes before the thing calms down
and is ready to use, it is only 3 months old and It has a 3 gig processor and
a 256 ram. I have only installed mcafee security suite and nothing else.
Please anyone have any ideas as to what i can do to speed the thing up as it
seems slow in everything it does. Cheers anyone. I am using a toshiba
satelite and windows xp.

More about : laptop start speed

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2005 6:33:03 PM

Keep your Toshiba on hard services only to prevent overheating.

How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

Good Luck!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 13, 2005 4:32:30 PM

"r" <r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Keep your Toshiba on hard services only to prevent overheating.
>
> How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
> for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
> http://www.fixyourwindows.com
>
> Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
> http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
> (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

Can I ask what you mean by "hard services"?

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

surfaces