Missing System Restore

System Restore is no longer in my System Properties any attempt to run it
generates the message " System Restore is not able to protect your
computer.Please restart your computer,and then run System Restore again".

George
2 answers Last reply
More about missing system restore

    verify if the System Restore Service is on:

    from start > run and type "services.msc"
    scroll down to "System Restore Service" and verify it is on Automatic.
    If not right click, and go into properies and change the startup type,
    and also click start.

    from start > run and type "sysdm.cpl", click on System restore Tab
    and verify that Turn off System Restore is not turned off.

    from start > run and type "%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe"
    and see if it starts..

    ~as

    Hi George

    Try reinstalling SR. Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows\inf
    folder. Find the sr.inf file, right click on it and select Install.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "gaford" <gaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > System Restore is no longer in my System Properties any attempt to run it
    > generates the message " System Restore is not able to protect your
    > computer.Please restart your computer,and then run System Restore again".
    >

    > George

Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP