Tom's KT266A comparo works for me

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have built 5 systems for people using the Soltek board. Some were computer newbies, while a couple were younger guys "into games".

Their parents entrusted me to build their systems, & all I was told was the preference for AthlonXP's. I used XP1600's for both machines.

At pickup time, both gamers (they know each other) were disappointed in my choosing this Soltek mobo. I told them it was a great product & there was nothing wrong with it. But all I got was questions of why I used a "lamer no name" lower quality board, instead of a "ASUS or something". I was even accused of "penny pinching" their components, because the Soltek retails (in Canada) for about <b>$100 less</b> than it's ASUS or SOYO counterparts.

They sent one of their buddies over today. He told me his (referring) friends told him to "make sure I used the Soltek SL-75DRV2" for his system.

Insert [-peep-]-eating grin here >> :)

Thanks Dr. Pabst

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just felt like posting. I felt bad seeing this thread have over 100 views and no replies.

Congrats on giving your friends what they didn't know they wanted, though :)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey RJ,
I have a EPoX 8KHA+ mobo, and I got it based on the "Hype" that Tom refers to in the article...... most of the time all you can do is make the best choice based on the information or lack of information that you have at the time of your purchase. Until Tom's article came out, I had not heard of "Soltek". Now when I build my next system, I will wait to see what Soltek offers first. It is nice to see a post with nothing bad/flames/lies in it.....Thanks! Good luck with your systems.
Peace Out...................tile

Keep Hope Alive!

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
You're such a nice guy, Fatty ...

Anyhoo, it's nice when you come out on top like that. I hadn't heard much about Soltek until this article. I'll check them out next time I'm looking for a motherboard.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>