Error message regarding .dll file on startup

I recently replace my monitor with an LCD monitor and now on startup I get
two LDSERV.dll messages:
00212934.exe
00213079.exe

which say that some program cannot start because these files are missing and
perhaps reinstallation of the program (what program??) would help.

The monitor manufacturer has said this has nothing to do with their monitor.
The computer store suggests I may need reboot from the XP recovery disc.
My son suggests I reconnect the old monitor and see if I get the same
message or revert to a recovery point.

Numerous hours were spent setting up an in-home network and I don't want to
screw this up if at all possible.

Suggestions?

BJansen

Have you scanned your computer(s) for viruses and spyware?
--
Ted Zieglar

"BJansen" <BJansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently replace my monitor with an LCD monitor and now on startup I get
> two LDSERV.dll messages:
> 00212934.exe
> 00213079.exe
>
> which say that some program cannot start because these files are missing
and
> perhaps reinstallation of the program (what program??) would help.
>
> The monitor manufacturer has said this has nothing to do with their
monitor.
> The computer store suggests I may need reboot from the XP recovery disc.
> My son suggests I reconnect the old monitor and see if I get the same
> message or revert to a recovery point.
>
> Numerous hours were spent setting up an in-home network and I don't want
> screw this up if at all possible.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> BJansen

Just scanned with NAV and Spybot and no change in the error messages on reboot.

BJansen