pink blots and lines on the monitor (screen)

a b C Monitor
January 6, 2005 11:13:05 AM

1 year ago, I did a did a clean install of Windows XP on my Dell machine that
originally had Windows ME. It worked well until last month when I started
seeing pink lines and blots on the monitor. It has become more and more
frequent. Sometimes these blots or lines flicker on and off but other times
they stay for a few seconds making it difficult to work. Do you have any
ideas about what I should do? Thank you
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2005 2:19:49 PM

my first approach would be to test the monitor on another computer or
another monitor on yours to determine if the monitor is the culprit. they
don't last forever and under heavy usage they die before the pc.

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS

"Valbona" <Valbona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1 year ago, I did a did a clean install of Windows XP on my Dell machine
that
> originally had Windows ME. It worked well until last month when I started
> seeing pink lines and blots on the monitor. It has become more and more
> frequent. Sometimes these blots or lines flicker on and off but other
times
> they stay for a few seconds making it difficult to work. Do you have any
> ideas about what I should do? Thank you
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2005 2:32:02 PM

Well the first thing to do is to quit smoking whatever it is your smoking.
On the other hand, maybe I should try some - it sounds like good stuff.

Diagnosing the problem is easy: Try another monitor with your computer.
Problem solved? Your monitor is gone. Problem still exists? Then start your
computer in Safe Mode. Picture looks good? In that case, your video driver
has become corrupted. Not to worry, it happens. Just reinstall the driver
or, even better, install the latest video driver from your video card
manufacturer.

Picture still look weird? In that case, your video card needs to be
replaced. Most likely it has overheated. You should clean out the dust from
the inside of your computer twice a year. And while you're under the hood,
make sure the cables aren't folded in a way that impedes the airflow.
--
Ted Zieglar

!