Programs "not responding"

I am having a lot of my programs, Word, Outlook, when I click on "My
Computer", or "My Documents", not opening and when I open Windowns Task
Manger I get the "not responding" message. I have to close whatever I have
open and start over - sometimes it will work and more often they will not and
I have to close my PC and reboot. I am running SP2. Thanks, Pat W.
1 answer Last reply
More about programs responding

    "How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Pat W" <PatW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having a lot of my programs, Word, Outlook, when I click on "My
    > Computer", or "My Documents", not opening and when I open Windowns Task
    > Manger I get the "not responding" message. I have to close whatever I
    have
    > open and start over - sometimes it will work and more often they will not
    and
    > I have to close my PC and reboot. I am running SP2. Thanks, Pat W.

Windows XP