Hardware you have broken??

wickedvinny

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Well guys I'm just curious what are the hardware you have broken while playing games or working on your PC? I have broken 2 mouse , 1 keyboard and 1 DSL modem so far.. All while playing online FPS.. What's your score?? ;)

kufan64

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I've never actually broken any equipment, but I will admit to punching a couple holes in the wall and/or bloodying a few knuckles while playing various fighting games as a kid.

You'd just get so damn close to winning a fight that you've had to retry like 10 times and then he hits you with some BS, 10-hit unblockable combo that drains 2/3 of your health.

It actually still infuriates me just thinking about it...

Those games were sooo much more fun to play with a friend.

Tonkyboy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
2 wireless keyboards, and 1 wireless mouse playing Counter Strike. 1 telephone went across the room into a wall because it dared to ring while on COD4. I killed a motherboard because I got the wrong BIOS from MSI. I also fried an old Athlon 64 3000+, because I wanted to see how long it lasted without a heatsink on (answer = not long at all !).
And a little more personally, an old "friend" punched me in the face because I beat him and then laughed at him on an old coin-op arcade machine about 20 years ago !

jetstorm9520

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
mom buys my brother a new athlon 64 3200. of course this is my first CPU im installing myself, and the day it comes in, i put it in the socket and bend a pin.. instantly hit with so much grief and feeling of stupidity lol :pt1cable: