.dll file problems!

Since upgrading to XP SP2 I get various error reports regarding OLEAUT32.dll
fil:

Ad-Aware no longer opens as: "The procedure entry point VarNot could not be
located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

My Real and media players sometimes do not open as "The ordinal 176 could
not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

And various other incarnations saying the file is "out of date" or "requires
a new version"

What could be the problem and how can it be remedied?

Thanks for any suggestions
--
Russco
2 answers Last reply

    "Russco" <Russco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Since upgrading to XP SP2 I get various error reports regarding
    OLEAUT32.dll
    | fil:
    |
    | Ad-Aware no longer opens as: "The procedure entry point VarNot could not
    be
    | located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"
    |
    | My Real and media players sometimes do not open as "The ordinal 176 could
    | not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"
    |
    | And various other incarnations saying the file is "out of date" or
    "requires
    | a new version"
    |
    | What could be the problem and how can it be remedied?
    |
    | Thanks for any suggestions
    | --
    | Russco

    See the following KB article. It's specifically about Office, but also
    addresses your problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217440

    The file may be downloaded from here:
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleaut32 Watch for line
    wrap in the URL; copy and paste into your address bar if necessary.

    Russco,

    What's the version of the Oleaut32.dll file in your system? My system, running XP SP2 has this

    Language/Code Page: 1033/1252
    CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation
    FileVersion: 5.1.2600.2180
    InternalName: OLEAUT32.DLL
    LegalCopyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1993-2001.
    LegalTrademarks: Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
    ProductVersion: 5.1.2600.2180
    Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?fid=16009

    MS DLL Help Database:
    http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?dlltype=file&l=55&alpha=oleaut32.dll&S=1&start=25

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Russco" <Russco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B9D55E-D3CE-4408-AD58-C56FBE2B0005@microsoft.com...
    Since upgrading to XP SP2 I get various error reports regarding OLEAUT32.dll
    fil:

    Ad-Aware no longer opens as: "The procedure entry point VarNot could not be
    located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

    My Real and media players sometimes do not open as "The ordinal 176 could
    not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

    And various other incarnations saying the file is "out of date" or "requires
    a new version"

    What could be the problem and how can it be remedied?

    Thanks for any suggestions
    --
    Russco

DLL Microsoft Windows XP