.dll file problems!

January 7, 2005 8:03:02 AM

Since upgrading to XP SP2 I get various error reports regarding OLEAUT32.dll
fil:

Ad-Aware no longer opens as: "The procedure entry point VarNot could not be
located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

My Real and media players sometimes do not open as "The ordinal 176 could
not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"

And various other incarnations saying the file is "out of date" or "requires
a new version"

What could be the problem and how can it be remedied?

Thanks for any suggestions
--
Russco

More about : dll file problems

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 10:26:56 AM

"Russco" <Russco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Since upgrading to XP SP2 I get various error reports regarding
OLEAUT32.dll
| fil:
|
| Ad-Aware no longer opens as: "The procedure entry point VarNot could not
be
| located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"
|
| My Real and media players sometimes do not open as "The ordinal 176 could
| not be located in the dynamic link library OLEAUT32.dll"
|
| And various other incarnations saying the file is "out of date" or
"requires
| a new version"
|
| What could be the problem and how can it be remedied?
|
| Thanks for any suggestions
| --
| Russco

See the following KB article. It's specifically about Office, but also
addresses your problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217440

The file may be downloaded from here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?oleau... Watch for line
wrap in the URL; copy and paste into your address bar if necessary.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:58:39 PM

Russco,

What's the version of the Oleaut32.dll file in your system? My system, running XP SP2 has this

Language/Code Page: 1033/1252
CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation
FileVersion: 5.1.2600.2180
InternalName: OLEAUT32.DLL
LegalCopyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1993-2001.
LegalTrademarks: Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
ProductVersion: 5.1.2600.2180
Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?fid=1...

MS DLL Help Database:
http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?dllty...