K7S5A boot question

G

I just built a PC with the ECS K7S5A board and I'm having a minor problem. When I power on the pc it does not detect the primary master unless I go into SETUP and save & exit. I usually leave the pc on but this is a problem whenever I shut it down. I can restart without any problems but if I shut down then power back on I have to go back into setup and save again. I have it set to AUTO for the primary master.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Alpjr on 11/28/01 06:39 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Nivek

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001
i have been looking at this board as a possible upgrade and i think i read somewhere that there is a jumper link on the board which is used to clear the cmos memory. it could be this jumper is set to clear at default which would mean that the bios settings are not kept when you power down. hope this helps.

G

Thanks for the reply. I did double check the jumper setting and it is set properly. It is strange that all of the setting are saved, including the primary master being set to auto, but I still have to go in and save every time. When I go into setup I do not have to set anything, just hit F10 for save & exit. I'm thinking about trying a new CMOS battery and see if that helps. Thanks again for your response.