Computer start up and opening word

I am running XP on a Gateway laptop and it takes for ever to start up both my
computer and word. On the computer side I gone into start/msconfig/startup/
and have limited about everything I feel comfortabel with. On word I have no
idea why its slow to open. Can anyone help???

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about computer start opening word

    Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

    How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com

    Rename Normal.dot.

    Good Luck!
    ---
    How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

    How long is it since you last defragmented your disk?
    Maybe it is very fragmented and thus the long starting times.

    "Rookie" <helpme@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I am running XP on a Gateway laptop and it takes for ever to start up both
    my
    > computer and word. On the computer side I gone into
    start/msconfig/startup/
    > and have limited about everything I feel comfortabel with. On word I have
    no
    > idea why its slow to open. Can anyone help???
    >
    > Thanks

Computers Microsoft Windows XP