  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 7, 2005 3:49:08 PM

I am running XP on a Gateway laptop and it takes for ever to start up both my
computer and word. On the computer side I gone into start/msconfig/startup/
and have limited about everything I feel comfortabel with. On word I have no
idea why its slow to open. Can anyone help???

Thanks

More about : computer start opening word

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:27:01 PM

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Rename Normal.dot.

Good Luck!
---
How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:08:18 AM

How long is it since you last defragmented your disk?
Maybe it is very fragmented and thus the long starting times.

!