Deleting a corrupt file with no contents?

Tried to defrag but no can do because of this corrupt file [i think
downloaded by my son 25 dec 04] ref. music
sonyshared\openmg\procfile\F2.Tried to delete to recycle bin but refused
because it is indicated as a corrupt file. Checked it with Norton[current]
no viruses, empty file. tried reboot, tried reconfigure to prior date, tried
recofigure its properties--NO GO! any one got a strong magnet/solution ?
In appreciation Frustrated in b.c.
1 answer Last reply
More about deleting corrupt file contents

    Run Error Checking (chkdsk.exe). Then delete the contents of the Recycle
    Bin and run defrag.

    1. In My Computer or Windows Explorer, right-click the drive you want to
    check, and then click Properties.
    2. On the Tools tab, click Check Now.
    3. Check both boxes:

    You have to reboot for Error-checking to run.

    For a peek at the log.
    Open the Event Viewer...
    Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
    Look in Application | Listed as Information |
    Event ID: 1001
    Source: Winlogon

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:uneyi7Q9EHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    simon heslop <simonjwh@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Tried to defrag but no can do because of this corrupt file [i think
    > downloaded by my son 25 dec 04] ref. music
    > sonyshared\openmg\procfile\F2.Tried to delete to recycle bin but
    > refused because it is indicated as a corrupt file. Checked it with
    > Norton[current] no viruses, empty file. tried reboot, tried
    > reconfigure to prior date, tried recofigure its properties--NO GO!
    > any one got a strong magnet/solution ?
    > In appreciation Frustrated in b.c.

Defragment Microsoft Windows XP