Fatal System Error - Blue Screen - Unable to boot to OS - ..

Daniel

I have XP SP2 on one of my computers. I am receiving the following error when
I attempt to boot:

C000021a Fatal System Error Session Manager Initialization system process
terminated unexpectedly with status of 0Xc00026c.

The only article that I could find which matched was an article relating to
NT4 Article ID: 317189. The error message in that article almost exactly
matched the error. I am able to boot using a third party software, and with
that I can access the registry and hard drives. So I followed the NT article
and checked removed the items from the "run once" key, and also checked to
insure that under the key "PendingFileRenameOperations" under any of the
control sets.

Actually, the problem began with a different error I was getting. There were
a series of 3 dlls olesvr32.dll, urlmon.dll, and wintrust.dll which were
apparently corrupt. I replaced each of those, but at the same time I also
removed several "bad spyware" programs from the "Run" key and removed their
corresponding files from the hard drive. That was probably my mistake!
Anyway, after replacing the third dll, and removing the spyware, I began
getting this fatal error.

Right now my only option is to reload the OS, as from what I can see, System
Restore only works if you can boot your system!

Try at start-up,tap the F8 key,select safe-mode with networking,enter xp
as administrator,if it starts,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow
When the graph starts,install xp cd,exit the info page,when the graph is
thru,
type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove
cd.

"Andrew E." wrote:

Try at start-up,tap the F8 key,select safe-mode with networking,enter xp as
it starts,go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the graph
starts,install xp cd,exit the info page,when the graph is thru, type:CHKDSK
C: /F Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove
cd.

Hi Andrew, thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that it wouldn't
start in the safe mode. Someone else pointed me to a Microsoft article which
suggested that the SFC /scannow option could be run from the Repair Console
and that it would put the installation back to the point where it was before
SP2. I ended up running the XP Install CD and selecting repair a previous
installation. That also put the installation back to the point prior to SP2,
but also preserved the user’s settings as well as the software that had been
installed.