Help.ctr file missing and display settings auto changed

January 8, 2005 2:33:03 PM

I have lost my help ctr file (Help and Support) and my restore settings also
my display changed itself overnight and i cant restore them?
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:25:45 PM

"mrseggs1" <mrseggs1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have lost my help ctr file (Help and Support) and my restore settings also
>my display changed itself overnight and i cant restore them?

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
Also run the System File Checker via Start > Run:
SFC /scannow
If this all does not help, reinstall Windows as described here: "How
to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

--
(tm)