Help.ctr file missing and display settings auto changed

I have lost my help ctr file (Help and Support) and my restore settings also
my display changed itself overnight and i cant restore them?
1 answer Last reply
More about help file missing display settings auto changed

    "mrseggs1" <mrseggs1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have lost my help ctr file (Help and Support) and my restore settings also
    >my display changed itself overnight and i cant restore them?

    See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
    Also run the System File Checker via Start > Run:
    SFC /scannow
    If this all does not help, reinstall Windows as described here: "How
    to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

    --
    (tm)

Support Microsoft Windows XP Displays