Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

EQ2: Having trouble getting "gnoll spirit"

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 2:40:51 AM

I long ago got everything else for the Gnoll Lore quest, but after
killing over 500 gonlls, still no spirit. Does anyone know if the
quest is broken, or is it just an ultra-rare drop?

More about : eq2 trouble gnoll spirit

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 2:40:52 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:40:51 GMT, Zrider <cusont@insightbbNOSPAM.com>
wrotC:D RIVE_E

>I long ago got everything else for the Gnoll Lore quest, but after
>killing over 500 gonlls, still no spirit. Does anyone know if the
>quest is broken, or is it just an ultra-rare drop?

I got mine in the first few gnolls I killed after starting the quest,
but I think I may have been very, very, lucky.
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 3:19:53 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Zrider wrote:

> I long ago got everything else for the Gnoll Lore quest, but after
> killing over 500 gonlls, still no spirit. Does anyone know if the
> quest is broken, or is it just an ultra-rare drop?

This is based on hearsay, but the quest might be broken. Here is a
suggestion I've heard given many times, which has worked for most (no
first-hand experience though). Delete the quest. Yes, I know, but the
gnoll bits and pieces won't be hard to get again. Do NOT examine the
droppable items until you have gotten the spirit, heart, and brain
"triggers". folks who did this said they've gotten the spirit relatively
quickly after restarting the quest. Evidently there is some kind of bug
where, if a person has everything BUT the spirit, the spirit isn't being
found. Personally I got the spirit, brain, and heart all on my 10th
gnolls or so (all at once).

Same goes for the orc mastery.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[21 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth
[6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 3:56:50 AM

"Foxeye Vaeltaja" <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> Personally I got the spirit, brain, and heart all on my 10th gnolls or
so (all at once).<<

To follow up, it's also theorized you *should* get all three drops at once.
I had a problem with the Orc never dropping, so I just deleted the quest
EVERY time (even when I got two of the three at once) until all three
dropped on the same kill.

It's kind of a pain, but it does work.

The problem seems to be happening with the skeleton one as well....

--
_________________________________
Webmaster - http://www.bippiboy.com

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:19:53 GMT, Foxeye Vaeltaja <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Zrider wrote:
>
>> I long ago got everything else for the Gnoll Lore quest, but after
>> killing over 500 gonlls, still no spirit. Does anyone know if the
>> quest is broken, or is it just an ultra-rare drop?
>
>This is based on hearsay, but the quest might be broken. Here is a
>suggestion I've heard given many times, which has worked for most (no
>first-hand experience though). Delete the quest. Yes, I know, but the
>gnoll bits and pieces won't be hard to get again. Do NOT examine the
>droppable items until you have gotten the spirit, heart, and brain
>"triggers". folks who did this said they've gotten the spirit relatively
>quickly after restarting the quest. Evidently there is some kind of bug
>where, if a person has everything BUT the spirit, the spirit isn't being
>found. Personally I got the spirit, brain, and heart all on my 10th
>gnolls or so (all at once).

I know when I got the gnoll quest, my very first fight netted me the
spirit and heart.

And what's with all the carrots ?