How long is too much for the hardware?

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
As in how long would it take to wear out hardware when running a game 24/7? Assuming you're operating within spec (temp, voltage etc), you should get something within the MTBF (mean time before failure) for the component. It's usually a large number, equating to years even if it's 24/7 usage.

DM186

Splendid

What a Question. I guess you could answer it like this One nano second to 10 years. There are so many factors involved just like diellur said.

jemm

Distinguished

Actually it is not a question, as I am not seeking an exact answer. It is a discussion where opinions and advices are shared.

DM186

Splendid

Ya now thinking about that I remember reading something like that. I think it also read about hard core gaming and how dangerous it can be like sitting infront of a game with no brakes, not even bathroom usage and it has led to death. If I remember it had to do with a south Korean. I think I saved the link. If I did I will repsot it when I find it.

there were several cases in korea. one guy collapsed dead from exhaustion and dehydration from playing WoW afaik. Another issues was some guy committed murder because someone stole his GTB card in Ragnarok Online (korean MMO)

DM186

Splendid
I put the article in my favorites but it is no longer at the web site This is what the headline read "Xbox addict dies from blood clot " I down loaded to favorites to show my 15 year old what happens when you play Games all the time with out getting any exercise. The report went on to say for every 2 to 4 hours of play get 1/2 to 1 hour away from the games and strech and walk around.