Task Manager

Somewhere between one and three weeks ago, CTRL-ALT-DEL no longer activated
the Task Mgr. Instead, I get the message, "Task Manager has been disabled by
System Administrator." I am the only user on this stand-alone desktop and I
certainly did not disable this. I am as sufficiently firewalled,
anti-virused, and anti-spywared as anyone, so I don't really suspect that
kind of foul play, but hey- what do I know. That's why I'm 'here.'

Can anyone help me re-enable the Task Manager??

THANKS!
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager

    Hi Skip,

    This error can also be caused by a virus. Do a virus scan with up to
    date virus software.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Skip wrote:
    > Somewhere between one and three weeks ago, CTRL-ALT-DEL
    > no longer activated the Task Mgr. Instead, I get the
    > message, "Task Manager has been disabled by System
    > Administrator." I am the only user on this stand-alone
    > desktop and I certainly did not disable this. I am as
    > sufficiently firewalled, anti-virused, and anti-spywared
    > as anyone, so I don't really suspect that kind of foul
    > play, but hey- what do I know. That's why I'm 'here.'
    >
    > Can anyone help me re-enable the Task Manager??
    >

    > THANKS!

    Hi Skip,

    You may like to visit the site below:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "Skip" <Skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Somewhere between one and three weeks ago, CTRL-ALT-DEL no longer
    activated
    > the Task Mgr. Instead, I get the message, "Task Manager has been disabled
    by
    > System Administrator." I am the only user on this stand-alone desktop and
    > certainly did not disable this. I am as sufficiently firewalled,
    > anti-virused, and anti-spywared as anyone, so I don't really suspect that
    > kind of foul play, but hey- what do I know. That's why I'm 'here.'
    >
    > Can anyone help me re-enable the Task Manager??
    >

    > THANKS!

Desktops Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP