need 3 drive ribbon cable

Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon cable?

thanks in advance,

tele64
29 answers Last reply
More about need drive ribbon cable

    You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    HH

    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon
    cable?

    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > tele64

    HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives and
    one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > HH
    >
    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon
    > cable?
    > >
    > > thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > tele64

    No he doesn't.

    > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives and
    > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    >

    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon
    > > cable?
    > > >
    > > > thanks in advance,
    > > >
    > > > tele64

    Not possible considering the floppy uses a smaller cable and connector
    than the other two drives.

    --
    Steve Williams

    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives
    and
    > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    >

    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin
    ribbon
    > > cable?
    > > >
    > > > thanks in advance,
    > > >
    > > > tele64

    you're wrong.

    "doS" <kobo65@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > No he doesn't.
    >
    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives
    and
    > > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    > >

    > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > > > HH
    > > >
    > > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > cable?

  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Yes possible....

    "Steve W." <me@homer.org> wrote in message
    > Not possible considering the floppy uses a smaller cable and connector
    > than the other two drives.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Williams
    >

    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives
    > and
    > > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    > >

    > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > > > HH
    > > >
    > > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > ribbon
    > > > cable?

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Never on any computer I've seen since 1981. Perhaps a very, very, very,
    very special model.

    For a standard IDE controller, two is the limit. Now pretty much every
    motherboard has two controllers. so two cables = four devices.

    Tom
    > Yes possible....
    >

    > "Steve W." <me@homer.org> wrote in message
    > > Not possible considering the floppy uses a smaller cable and connector
    > > than the other two drives.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steve Williams
    > >

    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives
    > > and
    > > > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    > > >

    > > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > ribbon

    > > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    This group has tried to answer my question but can not....

    > Never on any computer I've seen since 1981. Perhaps a very, very, very,
    > very special model.
    >
    > For a standard IDE controller, two is the limit. Now pretty much every
    > motherboard has two controllers. so two cables = four devices.
    >
    > Tom
    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Yes possible....
    > >

    > > "Steve W." <me@homer.org> wrote in message
    > > > Not possible considering the floppy uses a smaller cable and connector
    > > > than the other two drives.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Steve Williams
    > > >

    > > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > and

    > > > ribbon

    > > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    > > > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Again, the floppy drive uses a floppy controller, not the IDE controllers,
    and a 34-conductor cable. IDE cables are 40-conductor (wider). On a standard
    PC, there are two ide controllers (primary and secondary). Each can handle 2
    devices. Period.

    > This group has tried to answer my question but can not....

    > > Never on any computer I've seen since 1981. Perhaps a very, very, very,
    > > very special model.
    > >
    > > For a standard IDE controller, two is the limit. Now pretty much every
    > > motherboard has two controllers. so two cables = four devices.
    > >
    > > Tom
    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > Yes possible....
    > > >

    > > > "Steve W." <me@homer.org> wrote in message

    > drives

  10. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:19:47 -0400, "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >you're wrong.

    Are you sure? Unless your son uses SCSI setup and has SCSI disk drive
    (is there such thing as internal SCSI floppy drive??), there is no way
    a floppy drive and hard drive can be on the same cable. Take another
    look, maybe it only appeared to be one cable is in fact 2 cables
    positioned close together so to fool some nOObs like you.

    Better yet, prove you're right by taking picture oif his computer and
    posting it so we could look for ourselves.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  11. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Here is a simple question for you. What make and model is this computer?

    --
    Steve Williams

    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > This group has tried to answer my question but can not....

    > > Never on any computer I've seen since 1981. Perhaps a very, very,
    very,
    > > very special model.
    > >
    > > For a standard IDE controller, two is the limit. Now pretty much
    every
    > > motherboard has two controllers. so two cables = four devices.
    > >
    > > Tom
    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > Yes possible....
    > > >

    > > > "Steve W." <me@homer.org> wrote in message

    > drives

    40Pin

    World!

  12. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    >This group has tried to answer my question but can not....

    Yes, the group has been quite polite in providing an answer--you just don't
    like the answer. I vote with the others--I don't think more than two IDE on a
    channel will work, but never having tried it, and being of rather limited
    knowledge and experience, I'll not say its impossible. But I've never seen a
    four connector IDE ribbon data cable (SCSI, yes, but not IDE). And I can't
    imagine mixing floppy and IDE cables. If a four connector IDE exists it should
    be easy to find doing a Goggle search--so search there rather than insult this
    group. And I know of a local cable fabricator that could make one for you if
    you insist--but I'd bet its a waste of your money.

    Dale
  13. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    See, mr teletubbie64 ...

    Actually, there is 1 way, and possilby 2, to get a floppy drive to work on a
    40pin IDE cable, and controller.

    The first that I am absolutely positive of ... is if that drive is an LS120
    drive. While not strictly a floppy drive, it will do 1.44 floppies, and
    120M disks. To the neophyte, the LS120 can easily be mistaken for a floppy
    from just looking at the outside of the computer. It runs on the IDE ribbon
    cable. I can provide pictures for those who have not seen them... I am using
    2 of them in my computers now.

    The second, and this one I am not sure about because I have never done it,
    would be if that 'floppy" drive was actually a Zip drive. I am not sure
    about the old Zip 100, but I do know that the Zip 250 comes in an ATAPI
    (read as IDE) model Again, it would be utter ignorance to confuse the two.

    Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard" equipment
    on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that could
    even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on a
    40pin cable.

    (anyone that thinks this guy is a superstar should check the
    a.s.pc-clone.compaq.servers group... I kill filed this genius.)

    LC (aka NuTs)

    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives and
    > one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!
    >

    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon
    > > cable?
    > > >
    > > > thanks in advance,
    > > >
    > > > tele64

  14. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    On Wed, 5 May 2004 03:38:04 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
    <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote:

    >Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard" equipment
    >on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that could
    >even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on a
    >40pin cable.

    I'm still pretty sure you can't have more than 2 IDE drives to the
    same cable. So even if it was an LS120 or Zip drive, 3 isn't quite
    possible.

    FWIW there are 2 versions of 100MB Zip drive. The original one used
    nonstandard design and required special driver to make it work and the
    newer version used standard IDE protocol and can work.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  15. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    You are correct, you can only connect two devices per cable. He
    probably saw a scsi cable.

    Impmon wrote:

    > On Wed, 5 May 2004 03:38:04 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
    > <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote:
    >

    >>Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard" equipment
    >>on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that could
    >>even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on a
    >>40pin cable.
    >

    > I'm still pretty sure you can't have more than 2 IDE drives to the
    > same cable. So even if it was an LS120 or Zip drive, 3 isn't quite
    > possible.
    >
    > FWIW there are 2 versions of 100MB Zip drive. The original one used
    > nonstandard design and required special driver to make it work and the
    > newer version used standard IDE protocol and can work.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    My post was not to suggest that there were 3 devices on an IDE cable, but
    was made to show 2 possible inaccurate interpretations of floppy drives on
    an IDE cable. Call it splitting hairs, but it seems like a signicicant
    difference to me.

    LC

    "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 5 May 2004 03:38:04 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
    > <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote:
    >

    > >Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard"
    equipment
    > >on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that
    could
    > >even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on
    > >40pin cable.
    >
    > I'm still pretty sure you can't have more than 2 IDE drives to the
    > same cable. So even if it was an LS120 or Zip drive, 3 isn't quite
    > possible.
    >
    > FWIW there are 2 versions of 100MB Zip drive. The original one used
    > nonstandard design and required special driver to make it work and the
    > newer version used standard IDE protocol and can work.
    > --
    > To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  17. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Sir, I did not insult anyone until any I received an insult. I asked a
    simple question and not one person directed me to the "real" answer. An IDE
    card....

    "DEJ57" <dej57@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >This group has tried to answer my question but can not....
    >
    > Yes, the group has been quite polite in providing an answer--you just
    don't
    > like the answer. I vote with the others--I don't think more than two IDE
    on a
    > channel will work, but never having tried it, and being of rather limited
    > knowledge and experience, I'll not say its impossible. But I've never
    seen a
    > four connector IDE ribbon data cable (SCSI, yes, but not IDE). And I can't
    > imagine mixing floppy and IDE cables. If a four connector IDE exists it
    should
    > be easy to find doing a Goggle search--so search there rather than insult
    this
    > group. And I know of a local cable fabricator that could make one for you
    if
    > you insist--but I'd bet its a waste of your money.
    >
    > Dale
  18. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Uh, an IDE card will not allow 3 drives on a cable any more than your
    onboard IDE controller will, so in actuality, it is not an answer either.
    Also, many PCs and their OSs react strangely to any more than 4 IDE devices
    total.
    Dale was politely making a good point.

    > Sir, I did not insult anyone until any I received an insult. I asked a
    > simple question and not one person directed me to the "real" answer. An
    IDE
    > card....
    >

    > "DEJ57" <dej57@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > >This group has tried to answer my question but can not....
    > >
    > > Yes, the group has been quite polite in providing an answer--you just
    > don't
    > > like the answer. I vote with the others--I don't think more than two
    IDE
    > on a
    > > channel will work, but never having tried it, and being of rather
    limited
    > > knowledge and experience, I'll not say its impossible. But I've never
    > seen a
    > > four connector IDE ribbon data cable (SCSI, yes, but not IDE). And I
    can't
    > > imagine mixing floppy and IDE cables. If a four connector IDE exists it
    > should
    > > be easy to find doing a Goggle search--so search there rather than
    insult
    > this
    > > group. And I know of a local cable fabricator that could make one for
    you
    > if
    > > you insist--but I'd bet its a waste of your money.
    > >
    > > Dale

  19. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Show us the "first insult".

    The PCI card will not allow three either.

    Tom
    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Sir, I did not insult anyone until any I received an insult. I asked a
    > simple question and not one person directed me to the "real" answer. An
    IDE
    > card....
    >

    > "DEJ57" <dej57@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > >This group has tried to answer my question but can not....
    > >
    > > Yes, the group has been quite polite in providing an answer--you just
    > don't
    > > like the answer. I vote with the others--I don't think more than two
    IDE
    > on a
    > > channel will work, but never having tried it, and being of rather
    limited
    > > knowledge and experience, I'll not say its impossible. But I've never
    > seen a
    > > four connector IDE ribbon data cable (SCSI, yes, but not IDE). And I
    can't
    > > imagine mixing floppy and IDE cables. If a four connector IDE exists it
    > should
    > > be easy to find doing a Goggle search--so search there rather than
    insult
    > this
    > > group. And I know of a local cable fabricator that could make one for
    you
    > if
    > > you insist--but I'd bet its a waste of your money.
    > >
    > > Dale

  20. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 06:24:54 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Uh, an IDE card will not allow 3 drives on a cable any more than your
    >onboard IDE controller will, so in actuality, it is not an answer either.
    >Also, many PCs and their OSs react strangely to any more than 4 IDE devices
    >total.

    Not quite. With a second IDE card, you could add 4 more devices.
    I've done this before with Win 3.1 and a pile of 120MB hard drives.
    As long as the correct drivers are used, no odd behavior should
    happen. It's not common though as for most people, 2 ports and 4
    drives are usually enough.

    The only possible issues with multiple IDE cards is the boot order.
    Onboard IDE generally have boot drives only but if there's no onboard
    IDE or if it's been disabled and you have 2 or more IDE cards,
    figuring which card get sthe boot priority would require a bit of
    trial and error.

    >Dale was politely making a good point.

    Yes he was. There is simply no way to get 3 or more IDE devices on
    the same IDE port. The OP was being a jerk for insisting the
    impossible was possible without closely checking for what it really
    was. (SCSI? Or 2 separate cables held together so it appears as one
    cable?)
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  21. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Uh, I was referring to non-ancient OSs. I've seen the squirrelly behavior
    with more than 4 IDE devices in Win 95, 98, Me and even 2000 and XP. Raid
    controllers are another matter. A standard dual channel IDe controller and a
    raid controller often can co-exist peacefully.
    HH

    > On Sun, 9 May 2004 06:24:54 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Uh, an IDE card will not allow 3 drives on a cable any more than your
    > >onboard IDE controller will, so in actuality, it is not an answer either.
    > >Also, many PCs and their OSs react strangely to any more than 4 IDE
    devices
    > >total.
    >
    > Not quite. With a second IDE card, you could add 4 more devices.
    > I've done this before with Win 3.1 and a pile of 120MB hard drives.
    > As long as the correct drivers are used, no odd behavior should
    > happen. It's not common though as for most people, 2 ports and 4
    > drives are usually enough.
    >
    > The only possible issues with multiple IDE cards is the boot order.
    > Onboard IDE generally have boot drives only but if there's no onboard
    > IDE or if it's been disabled and you have 2 or more IDE cards,
    > figuring which card get sthe boot priority would require a bit of
    > trial and error.
    >
    > >Dale was politely making a good point.
    >
    > Yes he was. There is simply no way to get 3 or more IDE devices on
    > the same IDE port. The OP was being a jerk for insisting the
    > impossible was possible without closely checking for what it really
    > was. (SCSI? Or 2 separate cables held together so it appears as one
    > cable?)
    > --
    > To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  22. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 06:13:36 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Uh, I was referring to non-ancient OSs. I've seen the squirrelly behavior
    >with more than 4 IDE devices in Win 95, 98, Me and even 2000 and XP. Raid
    >controllers are another matter. A standard dual channel IDe controller and a
    >raid controller often can co-exist peacefully.

    Funny I don't have any problem with my current system: onboard IDE
    with 80GB primary, 60GB slave (boot drive), DVD-ROM and DVD burner and
    I have a plain vanilla ATA133 card added with 3x 200GB hard drives.
    The only odd problem I had in the past 6 months was that one of the
    200GB hard drive mysteriously unformatted itself but that was probably
    because the file table was being written when a power failure happened
    and corrupted the partition data.

    Oh yeah I have XP with SP1, older XP can't handle 200GB drives anyway.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
  23. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    tele64 <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    > This group has tried to answer my question but can not....

    The group has consistently and correctly answered your question, you simply
    refuse to accept the reply you've received!

    Regards,

    James

    Vist the NEW Thinkpad Forums: http://forum.thinkpads.com
  24. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    First, the other postings are correct. A standard IDE channel handles two, and
    no more than two, devices. I have been in this business for many many years,
    and I have torn apart, serviced, or built thousands of computers. NEVER have I
    seen a 3-device 40-pin IDE cable. If it does exist, it also requires a
    non-standard IDE controller of some sort. IDE drives have exactly two device
    settings: master & slave. So no more than two devices per cable. SCSI
    controllers support up to 7, or even 15, devices depending on the type of SCSI
    you have. But SCSI uses 50-pin or 68-pin cables, not 40-pin.

    Second, you can add PCI IDE controller cards to a system to expand the number of
    IDE channels beyond the usual primary and secondary. I have seen systems with
    four IDE channels, two devices each, for a total of eight IDE devices. Even
    more are possible.

    Third, especially if the system is a Compaq, there is the possibility that the
    "floppy" drive is/was an LS120 drive with an IDE connector. LS120 reads and
    writes both its own 120MB disk and standard 1.44MB floppy diskettes. A system
    with three IDE devices would customarily use two IDE channels and have two
    cables.

    Rather than simply denying responses, as in the past, how about identifying the
    IDE controller card (manufacturer and model) which uses a 3-device cable and
    allows 3 devices to be attached? Thanks... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 21:36:19 -0400, "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon cable?
    >
    >thanks in advance,
    >
    >tele64

  25. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    You're a n00b. It's not nOOb. It's n00b. Sorry. I just had to say it.
    > On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:19:47 -0400, "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>you're wrong.
    >
    > Are you sure? Unless your son uses SCSI setup and has SCSI disk drive
    > (is there such thing as internal SCSI floppy drive??), there is no way
    > a floppy drive and hard drive can be on the same cable. Take another
    > look, maybe it only appeared to be one cable is in fact 2 cables
    > positioned close together so to fool some nOObs like you.
    >
    > Better yet, prove you're right by taking picture oif his computer and
    > posting it so we could look for ourselves.
    > --
    > To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    You sure that nOOb isn't just an overweight n00b?
    "Ryan 8088" <the8088er@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > You're a n00b. It's not nOOb. It's n00b. Sorry. I just had to say it.
    > "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:19:47 -0400, "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>you're wrong.
    > >
    > > Are you sure? Unless your son uses SCSI setup and has SCSI disk drive
    > > (is there such thing as internal SCSI floppy drive??), there is no way
    > > a floppy drive and hard drive can be on the same cable. Take another
    > > look, maybe it only appeared to be one cable is in fact 2 cables
    > > positioned close together so to fool some nOObs like you.
    > >
    > > Better yet, prove you're right by taking picture oif his computer and
    > > posting it so we could look for ourselves.
    > > --
    > > To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Good point. He's prolly fat as a telly.
    "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote
    in message
    wrote in message

    | > You're a n00b. It's not nOOb. It's
    n00b. Sorry. I just had to say it.
    | > "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in
    message

    | > > On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:19:47 -0400,

    | > > Are you sure? Unless your son
    uses SCSI setup and has SCSI disk drive
    | > > (is there such thing as internal
    SCSI floppy drive??), there is no way
    | > > a floppy drive and hard drive can
    be on the same cable. Take another
    | > > look, maybe it only appeared to be
    one cable is in fact 2 cables
    | > > positioned close together so to
    fool some nOObs like you.

    | > > Better yet, prove you're right by
    taking picture oif his computer and
    | > > posting it so we could look for
    ourselves.
    | > > --
    | > > To reply, replace digi.mon with
    tds.net

  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    > Good point. He's prolly fat as a telly.
    > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote
    > in message
    > | You sure that nOOb isn't just an
    > overweight n00b?
    > | "Ryan 8088" <the8088er@sbcglobal.net>
    > wrote in message

    > | > You're a n00b. It's not nOOb. It's
    > n00b. Sorry. I just had to say it.
    > | > "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in
    > message

    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net>

    > uses SCSI setup and has SCSI disk drive
    > SCSI floppy drive??), there is no way

    Well, there is such a device as an internal SCSI floppy
    but I've only seen them in older Sun Sparc hardware.
    I'd be very surprised to see one in a Compaq consumer
    product.

    > be on the same cable. Take another
    > one cable is in fact 2 cables
    > fool some nOObs like you.

    I'd go with this poster. You in fact have two cables
    which can be hard to see when they're jammed in
    to tight areas.

    --
    Herb Stein
    herb@herbstein.com

    you're wrong

    wrote in message

    | > > HH, I don't get it....my nephew
    has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives
    | and
    | > > one floppy.....all with one ribbon
    cable!

    | > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote
    in message

    IDE controller.

    wrote in message

    (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin
    | ribbon

Compaq Connection Cable Motherboards Computers