scheduled tasks not running when n o one is logged on

Rich

can you schedule backups to run if no one is logged in?
I am using XP Pro SP2 and target shared drive is on a win2k
pro box. no other error messages appear, its just a silent failure. I'm
having trouble using the task scheduler to run a scheduled backup while
i'm not logged in (no user accounts are logged on). keep getting exit code
1f. Haven't been able to find descriptions of the error code while surfing.
My account has appropriate rights and is in the backup operators group. I do
have the back up running to a shared network drive which i can enter so i
think the permissions are set correctly for the target folder. The backup
will run correctly if done manually.

Scheduled Tasks require an account with a non-blank password also Scheduled
Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]