  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 9, 2005 5:32:21 PM

My Internet Explorer is very erratic when trying to access. The first time
I access, all is ok and I go directly to my home page. If I leave and then
try to go back in my desktop goes blank and then icons reappear and that is
it. If I try IE again it now goes to my home page. It seems like clockwork
that every other time I try to access it just blanks my desktop and then
restores icons and that is it.

Any suggestions?

Gary

More about : erratic start

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:47:51 PM

Hi Gary,

Try this workaround:

1. Click Start, run, type "inetcpl.cpl" (with out quotation marks) and click
OK.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Browsing, uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions
(requires restart)" check box.
4. Click OK.

PS: Do not restart your computer after performing the above steps.

Once you are done with the above steps, please open a brand new Internet
Explorer and check if the problem is resolved.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827315

HTH
Venkatesh