Soyo or Asus (KT266A) or stay with my MSI K7T266 Pro 2

G

As I sit here disliking my fast MSI K7T266 Pro 2 with AMI bios and lots of quirks from reading MSI's forum I am gonna bail. I bought the board as most of us do when a new toy comes out and the gotta have it fever hits. Well it hit, I bought, and I miss my A7M266. Anyway, after reading the great review I must advise due caution on the MSI board as it is very hard to get working in quite a few instances, especially with XP. None of the cd items work under XP, many people cannot get windows XP to load...only way I did it was FDISK the old way.

Anyway, what to do.....I can drive to Tampa and buy the Soyo which I have never had experience with. I've had Tyan, Abit, and have not seen Soyo around except for a mere hint of a presence with a board the past few years. They used to make a heck of a board which Intel chips worked great on......now it looks like they've come back with intensions of making a mark. Clean board, clear of obstructions to put on a good heat sink.......

Flip side...I know how ASUS blueprinted the new board after their older one. The A7V266e looks slightly bigger and for most purposes a memory slot added and a jumper for AMD Athlon/Duron/Pal.chip setting....on off on raid to IDE...and same ole' sound except hardware driven on the soyo so no extra pull from the cpu as it is on the MSI. I don't use sound from the board BUT I do like the Soyo's LAN.

PLEASE help, do I invest in the Soyo or order an ASUS. Local vendor www.tcwo.com told me that RMA rates on the A7A266 were so high that they dropped their contract with ASUS over it. hmmmm

Bob

PLEASE HELP, clear the dilemma....oh and MSI board is sold already to someone I know won't wanna mess with bios or anything....just wants a pc, and that is what this board in my opinion is good for. Don't game heavily, does good on business applications, and very, very, very bad support.

:eek:)