Cli.exe Application failed to initialize (0xc0000135)

January 10, 2005 4:11:03 PM

I keep getting the above message then after 3 or 4 mins. the computer shuts
down and restarts itself. This will go on until I turn the thing off
completely. Anyone know what the Cli.exe reference is or how to fix it?

Second message is almost the same with the following change in the beginning
CT Helper MFC application failed to initialize etc.
--
Thanks,
Earl

You know, my friend, you can search for your answer on the Internet just as
easily as I did, in which case you would quickly discover that cli.exe is
part of the Catalyst software that comes with your ATI graphics card. Here's
how you go about it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Cli.exe

To solve your problem, you might just reinstall the software or, for the
most authoratative answer, contact ATI technical support.
--
Ted Zieglar

"earlfrank" <earlfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting the above message then after 3 or 4 mins. the computer
shuts
> down and restarts itself. This will go on until I turn the thing off
> completely. Anyone know what the Cli.exe reference is or how to fix it?
>
> Second message is almost the same with the following change in the
beginning
> CT Helper MFC application failed to initialize etc.
> --
> Thanks,
> Earl
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:41:04 PM

I found my answer several hours ago by disableing the ATI Catalyst Control
Panel, I don't use it much anyway. It's pretty strange that it just started
causing problems this morning.

Ted look at all the fun you had playing with Google and then busting my
onions..
Thanks for the help

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> You know, my friend, you can search for your answer on the Internet just as
> easily as I did, in which case you would quickly discover that cli.exe is
> part of the Catalyst software that comes with your ATI graphics card. Here's
> how you go about it:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Cli.exe
>
> To solve your problem, you might just reinstall the software or, for the
> most authoratative answer, contact ATI technical support.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "earlfrank" <earlfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I keep getting the above message then after 3 or 4 mins. the computer
> shuts
> > down and restarts itself. This will go on until I turn the thing off
> > completely. Anyone know what the Cli.exe reference is or how to fix it?
> >
> > Second message is almost the same with the following change in the
> beginning
> > CT Helper MFC application failed to initialize etc.
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Earl

October 22, 2010 7:07:48 PM

CrazyKL IT guy,

Well I just ran into this issue on one of my company's work computers and the solution I found for it was to have the 1.1 version of .net on your computer.

Usually a person would go through and install drivers for video and such first before updates, but for this particular problem with this exact code is as it realates to not having the 1.1 version of .Net on the system.

I installed this update from Microsoft update and after I restarted once the updates had all completed the error was gone.

From what most readings have and another popup you might also get with this problem says that ATI cataylst control center has to have 1.1 to function properly. Thats the big hint.
!