intel BX mobo - celeron compatible or not?

G

I try to run intel T440BX with 1,1GHz Celeron. Latest BIOS (v12) and mobo still not even POST :-( I checked every components - all is ok. Mobo work fine with 450MHz PIII, and celeron and converter with other BX mainboard.
What to do?

G

something new missed me?
I wrote in my first post that THIS celeron works fine with another BX board. This is very old and chip Procomp mobo. Why this procesor don't work with Intel BX mobo?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The last guy was wrong, the Celeron 1100 is still a Coppermine, not a Tualatin. It is supported by the BX. But your motherboard might not support the voltage you need to run it, Coppermines are normally 1.65v or 1.70v, I don't know what the 1100 uses but your motherboard could be limmited to 1.80v or even 2.00v. More likely you need a BIOS upgrade to support Copermine processors (PIII FC-PGA or SECC2 style). If your using an adapter that has a "Celeron/PIII" selector on it, it needs to be set to the PIII setting as well, because the Celeron setting is for earlier processors.

For more information concerning BIOS and board revisions that support PIII Coppermine (including the Celeron II which is a defective PIII) see <A HREF="http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/t440bx/procsupp.htm" target="_new">http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/t440bx/procsupp.htm</A>

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Thank You for answer. If I good understand information from this link all P3 with 256 KB cache and and FSB 133MHz are not supported. Why? Becouse was in fcpga2 version only? Or is another problem? I try with set my converter both fsb 66MHz or 100MHz - system no boot. my cel works 1,75 V maybe converter with possibility of setting Vcore=2V will work?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Celeron 1100 is FCPGA, not FCPGA2, as are all Socket 370 processors up to 1100 (except the early Mendicino Celeron). It says the 600E and 500E are not supported, but that could be a voltage issue as many slower processors were low voltage (1.50v/1.55v). If the board supports ANY Coppermine, say the 650E, 700E, 850E, it should support the 1100, unless the board "skipped" the 1.75v setting.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

TRENDING THREADS