How do I copy the Processes list out of Task Manager

Win XP Home BTW.

Read through a whole bunch of threads here and elsewhere but couldn't find
the answer to this one, mostly because everyone seems to be asking about
malware and browser hijacks.

Been using MS products since MS Flight Simulator on an Atari 800. I speak
BSD, C++, .NET and several other languages but I can't figure out how to do
this. No, I don't want to read a giant post about how to get rid of browser
hijackings in hopes of finding a reference on how to do this (Windows Update
+ SP2 + HiJack This (free) + AdAware (free) + good virus scan works well ...
for Heaven's sake people UPDATE EACH PROGRAM -> DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET
[UNPLUG THE PHONE CORD IF YOU HAVE TO] -> THEN RUN THE PROGRAM).

So, is there a way to Copy the list of running Processes in Win XP Home
Edition? The best advice I can find is max the window, then Prt Scr and
paste it. Come on, I don't want a picture of the processes, I just want to be
able to paste the list :)

PS On the subject of Browser HiJacks... the latest thing seems to be new 900
services which let 'you' (or the jackass who has hijacked your PC) charge up
calls without having to dial. So, just because your computer isn't dialing a
900 number doesn't mean you aren't vulnerable. The best defense seems to be
calling your phone company and disabling any toll service of this kind.

If you have HijackThis. Open it.

Config button | Misc Tools button |
Generate StartupList log | Copy and paste:

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\oequotefix.exe
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
-----

Ad-Aware lists Running processes in it's log also.
-----

Tasklist.exe does not come with XP Home, but it will work with Home. I used
it when I had Home installed.

Tasklist.exe available here:
http://www.computerhope.com/download/winxp.htm

Or...

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/

Microsoft Windows XP - Tips & Fixes
Click on:
Tasklist.exe - Lists all processes & services (/Svc)

Or...

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/utils/tasklist.exe

Copy it to C:\WINDOWS\system32

Start | Run | type: cmd | OK
When Command window opens type:

tasklist /svc

Hit the Enter key.

Also:
tasklist /?

Displays Help and usage.
-----

You can copy and paste from the cmd window like...

C:\>tasklist /svc

Image Name PID Services
========================= ======
System Idle Process 0 N/A
System 4 N/A
smss.exe 304 N/A
csrss.exe 352 N/A
winlogon.exe 380 N/A
services.exe 424 Eventlog, PlugPlay
lsass.exe 436 ProtectedStorage, SamSs
svchost.exe 688 RpcSs
svchost.exe 732 AudioSrv, CryptSvc, Dhcp, helpsvc,
LanmanServer, LanmanWorkstation,
Netman, Schedule, TermService,
winmgmt
svchost.exe 764 Dnscache
spoolsv.exe 880 Spooler
avgamsvr.exe 1024 Avg7Alrt
vsmon.exe 1208 vsmon
avgcc.exe 1500 N/A
zonealarm.exe 1532 N/A
devldr32.exe 1064 N/A
notepad.exe 1656 N/A
msimn.exe 1996 N/A
OEQuoteFix.exe 588 N/A
explorer.exe 528 N/A
cmd.exe 188 N/A
tasklist.exe 700 N/A
wmiprvse.exe 1108 N/A
-----

Several other ways. This post is big enough. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:282BFFF1-6DC9-41E7-B238-0D0E5B50FAD6@microsoft.com,
Old Timer <Old Timer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Win XP Home BTW.
>
> Read through a whole bunch of threads here and elsewhere but couldn't
> find the answer to this one, mostly because everyone seems to be
> asking about malware and browser hijacks.
>
> Been using MS products since MS Flight Simulator on an Atari 800. I
> speak BSD, C++, .NET and several other languages but I can't figure
> out how to do this. No, I don't want to read a giant post about how
> to get rid of browser hijackings in hopes of finding a reference on
> how to do this (Windows Update + SP2 + HiJack This (free) + AdAware
> (free) + good virus scan works well ... for Heaven's sake people
> UPDATE EACH PROGRAM -> DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET [UNPLUG THE PHONE
> CORD IF YOU HAVE TO] -> THEN RUN THE PROGRAM).
>
> So, is there a way to Copy the list of running Processes in Win XP
> Home Edition? The best advice I can find is max the window, then Prt
> Scr and paste it. Come on, I don't want a picture of the processes, I
> just want to be able to paste the list :)
>
> PS On the subject of Browser HiJacks... the latest thing seems to be
> new 900 services which let 'you' (or the jackass who has hijacked
> your PC) charge up calls without having to dial. So, just because
> your computer isn't dialing a 900 number doesn't mean you aren't
> vulnerable. The best defense seems to be calling your phone company
> and disabling any toll service of this kind.

Was there a question in that drivel?

msinfo32 /categories +SWEnvRunningTasks /report "%userprofile%\desktop\msinfort.txt"

but if you want to know what files are loaded

msinfo32 /categories +SWEnvLoadedModules /report "%userprofile%\desktop\msinfolm.txt"

Type em in start run and watch a file magically appear on your desktop.
http://www.uscricket.com