Control Panel message when XP Pro starts up

I get a message that says "Please go to control panel and configure system
componets" when I start up my PC. It does not affect the ability to use the
PC but I cannot get the message to clear. I have gone to the control panel
and have tried many things but nothing seems out of order and I still get the
message every time I start the PC.

Any Ideas
2 answers Last reply
More about control panel message starts

    Check Event Viewer for errors.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jdb91758" wrote:
    |I get a message that says "Please go to control panel and configure system
    | componets" when I start up my PC. It does not affect the ability to use
    the
    | PC but I cannot get the message to clear. I have gone to the control
    panel
    | and have tried many things but nothing seems out of order and I still get
    the
    | message every time I start the PC.
    |
    | Any Ideas

    How to manage Windows Startup?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "jdb91758" <jdb91758@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FA723D9-26D9-4E18-9E78-8EA50E3823A3@microsoft.com...
    I get a message that says "Please go to control panel and configure system
    componets" when I start up my PC. It does not affect the ability to use the
    PC but I cannot get the message to clear. I have gone to the control panel
    and have tried many things but nothing seems out of order and I still get the
    message every time I start the PC.

    Any Ideas

Control Panel Windows XP