Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

I have recently cleared out my registry using regcleaner. I now get a runtime
error in dialogue box titled Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library, message as
follows...C:programme Files\BT Broadband\Help\bin\mad.exe. I have looked at
my back up file in regcleaner but find no indication that I have delected a
file by accident. i am running MSXP HOME. Help appreciated. Thanks

Hi

If that Registry 'cleaner' has an undo option, try that. If not, try a
System restore back to a point before you used that Registry 'cleaner'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently cleared out my registry using regcleaner. I now get a
>runtime
> error in dialogue box titled Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library, message
> as
> follows...C:programme Files\BT Broadband\Help\bin\mad.exe. I have looked
> at
> my back up file in regcleaner but find no indication that I have delected
> file by accident. i am running MSXP HOME. Help appreciated. Thanks

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Thank you.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If that Registry 'cleaner' has an undo option, try that. If not, try a
> System restore back to a point before you used that Registry 'cleaner'.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently cleared out my registry using regcleaner. I now get a
> >runtime
> > error in dialogue box titled Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library, message
> > as
> > follows...C:programme Files\BT Broadband\Help\bin\mad.exe. I have looked
> > at
> > my back up file in regcleaner but find no indication that I have delected
> > file by accident. i am running MSXP HOME. Help appreciated. Thanks

I'm having a similar problem.
a few weeks back i removed unused applications with add/remove programs,
used disk cleanup and disk defragmenter (which took longer than normal).
now whenever i try to run anything by microsoft (movie maker, windows
explorer etc.) a message saying:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
(lists the path of the program)
abnormal program termination"
i tried to use system restore to a point before this but it fails no matter
what date.
windows update doesnt help, if anyone knows what caused this problem or how
to solve it then i'd really appreciate it because i need these programs to
work.
i think it may be due to the loss of a .dll file but i'm not sure how it got
deleted or how to find out what it was or how to get it.
please reply soon.
Charlie