svchost.exe cannot start due to missing dltime.dll

When I log onto windows everything loads, but then a message appears saying
this application (svchost.exe) cannot start because the following dltime.dll
file is missing,
this first occured after Norton Antivirus alerted me that a virus had been
deleted

How can I repair this problem as I dont have any back ups of the file
I have also noticed a variety of outbound activity from my computer
appraently trying to connect to other computers,this happens everytime I
connect to the internet, and only begun after this file disapperared.

Any help apprecitaed

That file belongs to a keylogging trojan known as Backdoor.Tofger. The
trojan horse program may have been included as an attachment to a spammed
email.

You must keep your virus definitions updated. This trojan was first
discovered in 2003. Set Live Update to run automatically and install virus
signature updates while you work.

For manual removal instructions:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.tofger.html
--
Ted Zieglar

"LLewellyn" <LLewellyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I log onto windows everything loads, but then a message appears
saying
> this application (svchost.exe) cannot start because the following
dltime.dll
> file is missing,
> this first occured after Norton Antivirus alerted me that a virus had been
> deleted
>
> How can I repair this problem as I dont have any back ups of the file
> I have also noticed a variety of outbound activity from my computer
> appraently trying to connect to other computers,this happens everytime I
> connect to the internet, and only begun after this file disapperared.
>
> Any help apprecitaed

OK thanks for the pointers .I have removed the error messgae by following the
information at the link and simply turned off the system restore,the comp now
boots normally.

Although there is still the problem of the unknown dialling activity shown
one of the firewalls (currently running ZAlarm and Preventon) Preventon shows
a large log file of outbound attempts ,it never showed anything like this
before.

I ran a utitlity (NOADWARE) which supposedly searched for malicious dialers
and it came up with four located in the WINDOWS folder I deleted three but
face this lasst problem of not knwoing if its safe to delete the last as
there are two icons both named EXPLORER, according to NoAdware one of them is
responsible. I am not keen on making backups of the files incase they are the
infected

Q.Will deleting these files stop windows xp running normally ?

Q.Is it likeley that its is safe to delete them as they are problably called
explorer
so I would overlook them and keep them ?