Event ID: 100
Date: 1/11/2005

Date: 1/11/2005

Date: 1/11/2005

Event Category: General
Event ID: 102
Date: 1/11/2005
Time: 10:53:48
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxx
stopped the instance (0).

What does this mean? Help, so confused!

You should ignore Event Viewer and spend your time instead with Windows
Media Player.

In certain circumstances where you are experiencing a specific problem with
your computer, Event Viewer can help identify the cause.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Caligirl321" <Caligirl321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I see numerous events from the event source: ESENT and the event ID 100,
101,
> 102 or 103. The properties look and state the following:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: ESENT
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 100
> Date: 1/11/2005
> Time: 10:41:51 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: xxxxx
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: ESENT
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 101
> Date: 1/11/2005
> Time: 10:41:51 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: xxxxx
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: ESENT
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 102
> Date: 1/11/2005
> Time: 10:53:48
> User: N/A
> Computer: xxxxx
> started a new instance (0).
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: ESENT
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 102
> Date: 1/11/2005
> Time: 10:53:48
> User: N/A
> Computer: xxxxx
> stopped the instance (0).
>
> What does this mean? Help, so confused!

So that's not an indication that I might have spyware or freeware installed
on my computer?

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> You should ignore Event Viewer and spend your time instead with Windows
> Media Player.
>
> In certain circumstances where you are experiencing a specific problem with
> your computer, Event Viewer can help identify the cause.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "Caligirl321" <Caligirl321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I see numerous events from the event source: ESENT and the event ID 100,
> 101,
> > 102 or 103. The properties look and state the following:
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: ESENT
> > Event Category: General
> > Event ID: 100
> > Date: 1/11/2005
> > Time: 10:41:51 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: xxxxx
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: ESENT
> > Event Category: General
> > Event ID: 101
> > Date: 1/11/2005
> > Time: 10:41:51 AM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: xxxxx
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: ESENT
> > Event Category: General
> > Event ID: 102
> > Date: 1/11/2005
> > Time: 10:53:48
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: xxxxx
> > started a new instance (0).
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: ESENT
> > Event Category: General
> > Event ID: 102
> > Date: 1/11/2005
> > Time: 10:53:48
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: xxxxx
> > stopped the instance (0).
> >
> > What does this mean? Help, so confused!

Event Viewer will not tell you if you have spyware or adware. The only way
to know if you have spyware or adware on your computer is to scan your
computer with a spyware/adware detector.

Some signs that might lead you to believe you have spyware/adware:
* computer has recently become very slow
* frequent 'out of memory' messages
* computer has recently started crashing
* cryptic messages display when you start your computer
* home page has changed
* appearance of advertising pop-ups

Far better than worrying if your computer is infected is to take steps to
prevent your computer from becoming infected:

"Protect Your PC"
www.microsoft.com/protect

--

> So that's not an indication that I might have spyware or freeware
installed
> on my computer?
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
> > You should ignore Event Viewer and spend your time instead with Windows
> > Media Player.
> >
> > In certain circumstances where you are experiencing a specific problem
with
> > your computer, Event Viewer can help identify the cause.
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> >

> > "Caligirl321" <Caligirl321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I see numerous events from the event source: ESENT and the event ID
100,
> > 101,
> > > 102 or 103. The properties look and state the following:
> > >
> > > Event Type: Information
> > > Event Source: ESENT
> > > Event Category: General
> > > Event ID: 100
> > > Date: 1/11/2005
> > > Time: 10:41:51 AM
> > > User: N/A
> > > Computer: xxxxx
started

> > > Event Type: Information
> > > Event Source: ESENT
> > > Event Category: General
> > > Event ID: 101
> > > Date: 1/11/2005
> > > Time: 10:41:51 AM
> > > User: N/A
> > > Computer: xxxxx
> > >
> > > Event Type: Information
> > > Event Source: ESENT
> > > Event Category: General
> > > Event ID: 102
> > > Date: 1/11/2005
> > > Time: 10:53:48
> > > User: N/A
> > > Computer: xxxxx
engine
> > > started a new instance (0).
> > >
> > > Event Type: Information
> > > Event Source: ESENT
> > > Event Category: General
> > > Event ID: 102
> > > Date: 1/11/2005
> > > Time: 10:53:48
> > > User: N/A
> > > Computer: xxxxx
engine
> > > stopped the instance (0).
> > >
> > > What does this mean? Help, so confused!

From Microsoft:

This is a known issue with the WU v5 client. It has to do with how the
client agent interacts with the Jet database engine. This is something
we'll consider fixing in a future version of the WU client.

(where WU = Windows Update).

IOW, don't worry about it.
--
David Nimon