russell

Hi, My machine keeps popping up and saying that it needs to be restarted
because of a fatal error, and restarts after an elapsed time.

In the event viewer these messages are displayed.

Symbolic Name: EVENT_SAVE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FAILED
Message: Failed to save the system default profile to a local profile for
user %1.

Explanation
The system default profile appears when nobody is logged on. This event
record indicates that the changes that the user made to the default profile
were not saved to the local system. The user will have to use the system
default profile at the next logon session.

Russell,

More than one type of virus may be causing this. You need to do two things
here: install all the Microsoft Critical Updates (for Windows and Office),
and run a thorough virus scan on your system.

Dale

"Russell" wrote:

> Hi, My machine keeps popping up and saying that it needs to be restarted
> because of a fatal error, and restarts after an elapsed time.
>
> In the event viewer these messages are displayed.
>
> Symbolic Name: EVENT_SAVE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FAILED
> Message: Failed to save the system default profile to a local profile for
> user %1.
>
> Explanation
> The system default profile appears when nobody is logged on. This event
> record indicates that the changes that the user made to the default profile
> were not saved to the local system. The user will have to use the system
> default profile at the next logon session.

TRENDING THREADS