Nov 26, 2011
So... I'l start off with my PC specs.

Windows 7 Ultra 32 bit
Intel(R) Quad Core i5 CPU 750 @2.67GHz
4 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series Video Card
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2H
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc.

Basically my problem is I get major stuttering issues and lag when playing games like Modern Warfare(s) and Battlefield(s). I meet AT LEAST minimum requirements and I try to play on minimal settings but that doesn't help. I've heard changing to 64bit might help, but I want to hear advice from you kind...sirs...

P.S. If there is something missing in PC specs, tell me. I am really bad at technology. Not great. I'm learning. Also sometimes if I turn off my Realtek HD Audio driver, FPS increases by 5 - 15 periodically.

it would help if you can give the exact model of the GPU, 5730 is a lot different from 5790

it's possible your sound card is having compatibility issues

also, what resolution are you running at? what games? and what is the running average fps?

also, is there any overclocks on your system? what are the temperatures? did you make sure to disable the onboard intel graphix?

EroticAssassin

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
My exact GPU Model is 5770

SOund Card: What can I do about it?

I run at 800x600, Low or Normal texture level and still get lag and stuttering. Battlefield BC2, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 1,2,3. Assassin's Creed Revelations. All sorts of stuff. Average Fps - 17-20.

No overclocks.

HD0 - 36C
GPU - 51C
Core0,1,2 are all 60C

Is that bad? Why do I need to disable onboard intel graphics? What does it do? I'm new so don't be angry.

Being new is nothing to be sorry about. We all were there at some point.

You want to disable onboard intel GPU (thru the BIOS) so games don't attempt to utilize it and use the dedicated ati gpu instead, since that is your performance card.

I'm assuming those are the temps under load? they look fine.

I'm not experienced enough with sound cards to suggest a solution, but judging from the range of different games that are giving you problems, sound card is unlikely to be the issue.

ok 800x600 is a very standard resolution, have you tried higher resolutions? what is your monitor native resolution? have you tried running in monitor's native resolution?

Ok, seems like integrated gpu being used by games is the likely problem for you. so try that first.

also, MW1 has the lowest requirements of all the games you've listed. So, work with that one game for now to get it running properly. Once you get satisfactory results with it, you can move on to testing all the other ones.

EroticAssassin

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks to all of your replies! I now fixed my computer and run games AT THEIR FINEST. Even Battlefield 3. I simply cleaned the inside of my computer and my cooler. Works perfectly fine now! Thanks for your help! :)

Cheers