computer lockup on logoff

Gaffer

Occasionally my system locks up while in the process of logging off. This
usually happens right after the "Saving your settings...." message appears.
Have a new system with Windows XP Home edition.
--
reyhook

Try Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):

"gaffer" wrote:

> Occasionally my system locks up while in the process of logging off. This
> usually happens right after the "Saving your settings...." message appears.
> Have a new system with Windows XP Home edition.
> --
> reyhook

That's nice. How's the wife and kids?

Oh.... you wanted help with that computer problem. 1) You
must ask. 2) You must first provide useful information such
as the long list of symptoms, numbers, reports from history
logs, maybe things left hanging in Task Manager, information
from Device Manager, what programs were running at the time,
what the manufacturers diagnostics reported, and other facts
one collects long before trying to fix anything.

gaffer wrote:
> Occasionally my system locks up while in the process of logging off.
> This usually happens right after the "Saving your settings...."
> message appears. Have a new system with Windows XP Home edition.
> --
> reyhook

TRENDING THREADS