Sign in with
Your question

Pc restarts when trying to start game

Last response: in Video Games
November 27, 2011 1:00:36 AM

Hello, I had a problem with this pc a few years ago,it would just die and when restarted all the alarms would go off so I put on the self for a rainy day. I pulled it out a few days ago and tore it down then put it back together. It would start to boot and shut off. I found out two sticks of ram was bad(runs fine without them) any now runs like a champ. Except trying to start a game. It will start to load the game then the pc will restart. Everything is up to date (drivers and such) I dont think there a problem with any componets as It runs cpu burn in and 3d bench mark at the same time without a problem. Its only when starting a game. I also moved the game folder to another pc via flash drive and game works fine. Any ideas or help would be great.. Thanks
abit aw9d-max
p4 3.0
500 watt ps tt
hdd 30gb wd
2gb ram pny

More about : restarts start game

November 27, 2011 4:55:55 AM

try this.
when u turn on ur pc, hold f8 to open extra settings
when its opened, there should be an option saying 'disable automatic restart on system failure' or something that resembles that. if it doesnt work, sorry thats all ive got. :)  hoppe it helps!
m
l
November 27, 2011 11:40:34 AM

I had a similar problem but I needed to re - install my Windows because of my registry being broken so I did. It helped. I don't know if you should re - install Windows but the guy above said something nice so yeah... just do what he said.
m
l
November 28, 2011 2:06:15 AM

EroticAssassin said:
I had a similar problem but I needed to re - install my Windows because of my registry being broken so I did. It helped. I don't know if you should re - install Windows but the guy above said something nice so yeah... just do what he said.

=D
m
l
!