How to turn off beeping noise of my UPS???

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hello,

Can anyone plz tell me how to tone down, or turn off the "battery on" beeping sound of my UPS???
It's driving me crazy, with small voltage fluctuations, it keeps going 'beep-beep' like 7-8 times and then silences, then again in five minutes or so, the ah heck beeps again.

My UPS is some chinese product, (Perfect power solutions, smthing lyk that) and ever since I had it, my problems have been magnifying in nature and annoyance.

Is there any hardware tweak that I can do to shut the noise off or at least lower it???

Anything will be appreciated!!
thx

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You cannot turn it off for good except that you may perhaps disconnect the buzzing speaker inside the UPS or solder a resistor in its path. When the buzzing starts, you can silence it, you know. But next time when the disturbance re-occurs, buzzing starts again. Buzzing is there, of course, to let you know that there is disturbance or complete outage in electricity supply.

The thing you can do is, write a complaining petition to the electric company such that hopefully they start doing their job properly, making necessary investments.

Assuming that the UPS is close to your bedroom, as is the case with my UPS in my home, then the thing gets worse. If the buzzing does not occur when you are deep in your sleep, then you may consider yourself lucky.

Be sure to note that, when it comes to collecting the money for your electric consumption bill, the electricity company turns into a hawk. When it comes to hearing your complaints at supplying good electricity, all people at the company become deaf.

There is usually a alert off button on the UPS. If it's beeping, could be a battery warning also not an issue with power. Try pulling the power on the wall and see if the UPS runs at all. Also if it's beeping due to power issues you are having, why would you want it not to? If it came with a USB cable and software you may be able to configure it to not beep.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

no cable. no software. Just got the UPS.

I also changed my battery 6 months before. So I believe there is no issue with the battery.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Dude, I am running my pc on it ryt now.
Anyways, I hav decided to pull out the buzzer from the circuit board itself. Googled it up, looks pretty easy.

astrofix

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013