Winxp home edition sp2
I installed Norton System works 2005, nothing byt problems shucks... this is
issue:
My CD ROM Drive: error code 41. Device manager: Matshita UJDA 720 DVD/CDRW *
windows sucessfully loaded the device driver for hardware but cannot find
the hardware device. (code 41).
What I did to try to fix this:
THE PC DOCTOR installed by Gateway into my Winxp tests the cd rom and the
results are that they pass, yet the computer itself does not find the drive.
I cannot play any cds from the drive. I open it, place a cd, close it, the cd
spins for a moment then nothing. IT is not shown on my computer as a drive,
yet when I boot up it is there. I have uninstalled the driver and rebooted
and though the new driver is automatically installed the same error message
appears that the hardware device driver is loaded but cannot find the
hardware device. Thank you. D.M.
--
Just the facts

Hi Trudog,

Have a look at this MSKB article, "CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages
Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD
Creator in Windows XP":
(don't let the reference to Easy CD Creator in the title dissuade you from
reading the article)

If you are hesitant to edit the registry manually, then you could d/load and
run this fix, provided courtesy of Doug Knox:
http://dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod