Sign in with
Your question

HELP AND UR AWESOME! XBOX OR PC

Last response: in Video Games
November 27, 2011 8:15:33 AM

so hi this is going to get a little complicated so yes im building a pc system but many of my friends have xbox 360s so i have been considering if i might change to a xbox but it looks much weaker its spec or am i just reading it wrong. THESE ARE THE QUESTION

1 GDDR3 OR DDR3 DIFFERENCES AND LIKES
2 WHAT IS THE MOST CHEAP PC SYSTEM (CAN BE COSTUM BUILT, JUST THE CPU, GFX,RAM,) THAT IS EQUAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF A XBOX 360
3 WHY IS THE XBOX STILL A GOOD GAMING SYSTEM AFTER SO LONG (I READ A FEW FORUM- GAMES OPTOMIZED....)
4 ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF A PC AND XBOX360 (PRICE, OVERHEATING.....)
5 THIS IS THE SYSTEM I HAVE CHOSEN (MIGHT BUILT IT BUT, PRETTY MUCH OUTTA OF MY BUDGET ,THATS ANOTHER REASON WHY CONSIDERING XBOX) WILL IT LAST AND WILL IT OUT RUN THE XBOX360 OR PS3??????

CASE-Antec 300 Three-Hundard Gaming Tower without PSU
CPU-I5 2500K
GFX-560TI
HDD- GOANNA CHOSE ONE
MOBO- AsRock Z68-Extreme3-Gen3
PSU-CHOSEN....

GOANNO COST ABOUT $800

PLZ NO TROLLING AND PLZ CORRECT ME IF I HAVE MADE ANY STUPID MISTAKES TY :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) 

:D  PLZ ANSWER SIMPLY NOT LONG CRAZY ANSWER CAUSE IM NOOB LOL :lol: 

More about : awesome xbox

November 28, 2011 4:22:27 AM

wow lol 66 views and one reply telling me to not put caps just woow
k mousemonkey i will be careful next time......
so anyone reply plz im trying to figure this as fast a possible plz
i know theres a few question but plz help me
Related resources
November 28, 2011 7:59:22 AM

1- no differance
2-for the cheapest but effective system go for: i52500k cpu, gtx 560 non ti, 4g ddr3 ram kingston 1333 mhz
3- xbox is so *** i dont know why people still own them i mean really cmon guys im a proud pc owner and i can tell u modern customs pcs kicks the *** out of ps3 and xbox
4- disadvanteges of xbox 360 (old system ovrall old graphics u name it)
advanteges of xbox 360 (only 1 i can think of is the fact that some games are exclusive to ps3 and xbox other than that none)

adv of pc is the fact that it is the most advanced system for gaming,flexible u can simply upgrade by plug and play tech. its gpu is lightyears ahead of xbox and ps3.

disad of pc is not a pc prob but its actually game devalopers that do a piss poor job in porting games to pc . i mean logic says that u devalop a game on high end pcs then port it to the mediocre cosoles not viceversa!!

5- it will beat the living *** out of the consoles u have my word for that

November 28, 2011 8:17:22 AM

limesword22 said:
wow lol 66 views and one reply telling me to not put caps just woow
k mousemonkey i will be careful next time......
so anyone reply plz im trying to figure this as fast a possible plz
i know theres a few question but plz help me

he's the moderator
November 28, 2011 9:01:41 AM

thx 9 beaker i noticed that yes i was in a very bad mood when i posted that and TY tarekum for the only person who answer well and perfect tyvm
9 BEAKER plz dont state the obvious ty
November 28, 2011 9:08:03 AM

1. GDDR is for the graphics card. They aren't interchangable.
2. If your talking spec for spec then its very little. If your wanting the same actual performance then $500ish sounds about right (well if you can find a cheap hdd)
3. A few things
1. most 360 games are 720p scaled up and running and 30fps
2. the devs only have to make the games run on 1 system, this means they can take full advantage of the hardware (optimised).
3. It generally takes console about 3 years before they hit the limits of what they are actually capable of.
4. The intial cost of a a gaming pc is more, however in the long run the lower cost of games (plus steam and similar sales) mean they are about on par. You can use a PC for a lot more as its not just for gaming. tbh its a lot about personal taste.
IMO I prefer PC gaming much much more then console.
5. Its good and should last a few years as long as your willing to scale down the eye candy over time
November 28, 2011 11:37:37 AM

Hi LimeSword.

Its all dependant on circumstances. If all your pals are using the 360 and you have a PC, you will miss out on game swaps, etc.
Dont forget Xbox Live, its a great tool for online gaming, chat and you can even all watch the same movie from your own house at the same time.

The PC is great though, I have both and I have to be honest, I prefer 360 for racers and the such and the PC rules for FPS or reatlime strategies.

Have you considered cutting your build costs enough to afford both? My rig has a Phenom x4 3.4Ghz, a Radeon 6850, 8Gb ram and the whole thing cost me £380, and is more than happy with all current games at full deatil. (If I hadnt reused my case/HDD/DVD then it would still come in under £500.)

Dont forget, with a PC you will likely have to spend every year or two upgrading it to keep up with new releases if you want to keep the frame rates up. Any console only needs upgrading when a new verison of the platform is released, and these days that looking like 5 or 6 years!

To those that say consoles are old tech, they are right to a certain point, but you wont find the latest game on a 4 year old console runs badly... you definitely cant say the same for a PC. Try playing Skyrim on a PC that hasnt been upgraded for 4 years... it will be painful.

So to sum up, try and get both so that you can play to the strengths of each. If it was my choice, it would be PC, mainly because its more than just a gaming machine.
November 28, 2011 12:51:11 PM

bagpuss0001 said:
Don't forget, with a PC you will likely have to spend every year or two upgrading it to keep up with new releases if you want to keep the frame rates up. Any console only needs upgrading when a new version of the platform is released, and these days that looking like 5 or 6 years!

Remember that PC games are less then console games and online play is free on PC.

If you say Live is £40, you save on average £5 per game (with Steam its going to be more) and you buy lets say 8 games a year. Thats £80 per year to spend on upgrades.
Not to mention free DLC, mods and even free games.
November 29, 2011 3:52:10 AM

limesword22 said:

1 GDDR3 OR DDR3 DIFFERENCES AND LIKES

No difference. Sometime the "G" is simply dropped.

Quote:

2 WHAT IS THE MOST CHEAP PC SYSTEM (CAN BE COSTUM BUILT, JUST THE CPU, GFX,RAM,) THAT IS EQUAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF A XBOX 360

Probably around $500.

Quote:

3 WHY IS THE XBOX STILL A GOOD GAMING SYSTEM AFTER SO LONG (I READ A FEW FORUM- GAMES OPTOMIZED....)

Because the design has basically not changed since it was released. Much easier to optimize a game if all Xbox 360s have the same specs. Not so for PC. Developers simply design their games not to push the limits of the Xbox 360. Developers are always pushing the performance envelope for PCs because new hardware is always coming out. Also games designed for consoles are not always optimized the same way for PCs. GTA 4 is a prime example. Even a expensive $2000 - $3000 gaming rig can struggle to play the game with everything maxed.

Console games are all rendered at 720p resolution (1366x768), and then stretched to fit on a 1920x1080 HDTV. PC gamers prefer to play at their monitor's maximum resolution; the performance penalty going from 720p to 1080p resolution is quite high. PC games generally have more graphic setting options to make graphics look better on a PC compared to a console.

Quote:

4 ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF A PC AND XBOX360 (PRICE, OVERHEATING.....)

As long as you have an Xbox 360 and you buy an Xbox 360 game, then you are guaranteed to be able to play the game. An Xbox 360 game released 5 years from now can be played on the Xbox 360. Xbox 360s are also relatively inexpensive compared to PCs. However, it is a closed design and cannot be upgraded. Games cannot be modded to update graphics or install user created content which extends the games replay-ability.

PCs cost more, but can do much more than just play games. Can be upgraded as well. However, just because you have a PC does not mean you can play every single PC game because as time passes new hardware is released and developers keep push the hardware envelope.

Quote:

5 THIS IS THE SYSTEM I HAVE CHOSEN (MIGHT BUILT IT BUT, PRETTY MUCH OUTTA OF MY BUDGET ,THATS ANOTHER REASON WHY CONSIDERING XBOX) WILL IT LAST AND WILL IT OUT RUN THE XBOX360 OR PS3??????

It is much more powerful than a measly Xbox 360. However, PC games are also much more demanding. As stated before, PC developers always pushes the hardware limit so in the long run the Xbox can out last a PC built around a Core i5-2500k and GTX 560Ti. The Xbox 360 was released back in 2005 so a game released today will still run on it. The same cannot be said of PC games. Simply look at the system requirements for a PC game released in 2005 and compare that to a PC game released this year. The Xbox

Overall, I have no use for game consoles. I've played console games with friends, but I never got into it. To me it's just a one-trick pony.
November 30, 2011 7:42:00 AM

wow thx every so much espically jagur u answered my question perfectly thx so much! im going to go with pc. i think its much better thx :D 
!