Strategy games

julius 85

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Hi guys,
I today installed Praetorians (which is from 2002) again and loved it, but the multiplayer is dead. So I would like to ask you whether you know any games like that or just any great strategy games. Or if you happen to have Praetorians, would you be interested in playing multiplayer?

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Company of heroes still has people online, So do most command and conquer games. They are both RTS games though.

Have you ever tried the Total War series?

seeback

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Well, when I was young, my favourite game was Stronghold Crusader, and still is... It's about 2/3/4/5/... castles (can be allies and can be enemies), all them fighting... It's a good game, and recently a Stronghold 3 was released, but it seems it might be a bit hard to start with that, because the whole quality and so on...

And you can play it online with Gameranger :)

DM186

Splendid
Hey Empire total war and Napoleon total war are good. The best one is Shogun 2 total war. for a older game you could try World in Conflict It's not bad. Now if you like the ones where you build would be Age of Empires or the new Age of Empires for online I hear it's good. I love Strategy games. There is Silent hunter series. Heros of might and magic series. If I think of anymore I will let you know. Good luck

surihtanil

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
TW: Shogun 2 MP is great one of the best RTS games I've ever played. Men of War and Company of Heores are great WW2 games, but Men of War is less of a arcade and a better game IMO. Steam normally has sales on some of these titles.

Other respectable RTS games: Rome Total War, Age of Empires 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Homeworld, World in Conflict, Rise of Nations, Warcraft III and Starcraft 2.

DM186

Splendid

Rome is very cool so is Medieval II. I have all the total war games and all of the age of empires series. Some people don't like the building stuff that you have to do.