Slow Slow Slow

Alan

Last week Norten anti virus detected Trojan Dropper .It quaranteened the file
which I then delelted.
I do not know if it is connected but the system is rapidly becoming slower,
from booting up in a few minutes , it was 10 minutes yesterday and mabe as
much as double that today.
The virus definitions are up to date and rescans have not found anything,
Can anybody help? It took 45 mins to get booted and connected for this
message .
regards Alan

"Security at Home: Fight Spyware"
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
--
Ted Zieglar

"Alan" <alan@alchurch.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Last week Norten anti virus detected Trojan Dropper .It quaranteened the
file
> which I then delelted.
> I do not know if it is connected but the system is rapidly becoming
slower,
> from booting up in a few minutes , it was 10 minutes yesterday and mabe as
> much as double that today.
> The virus definitions are up to date and rescans have not found anything,
> Can anybody help? It took 45 mins to get booted and connected for this
> message .
> regards Alan

Alan

I have only noticed a continued decline in speed.I have downloaded and run
the 3 anti spyware programmes, cleaned out cookies, temp internet files,
cache startup programmes.
It is a long wait before the windows starting up is displayed and mabe
another 10 mins before I get the 1st desktop icon, then it is a 2 cup of tea
job waiting for the links and another 20 mins before I can click on any of
them.. I could just get another hard drive and reload windows but this would
not stop me getting into the same fix when I feel the answer is looking at me.
regards Alan