The Witcher 2 not responding during loading screen.

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hello there. I've the problem stated above. It's very depressing.

My PC specs is above the minimum requirement for this game and I've already updated my graphic card driver.

Start from the beginning:

I install The Witcher 2 successfully wiithout any error. Got it patched up to 1.2 [ not yet to patch 2.0 because the downloading process is time consuming ]. So I'm just focusing to solve this problem and to play it on patch 1.2 for the time being.

Then I run the game with both launcher.exe and thewitcher2.exe as administrator. Both of them didn't work. The 'scene' or 'video' of the Brand Banzai Namco is very laggy as well as the other brand videos. The main menu is laggy as hell too - I can barely move the cursor with my mouse. Then I click on start a new game. After that the loading screen shows up. The snake orbiting the skull in laggy motion. After waiting about 2 minutes the loading still haven't finished. So the next thing I do is open the task manager. The status of The Witcher 2 is "not responding". And so that's it. I can't play the game..

What's the possible solution to this?

Thank you for spending your time reading this and trying to help me figuring this out :)

meerul264

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Thanks for the reply. Been waiting for hours to receive a reply. I'm afraid I didn't give a good detail on the problem I'm experiencing, sorry about that.

I'm quite annoyed that nobody else (according to my searches) ever experience this problem. Most of them can go into the gameplay with patch 1.2. I , however, cannot even play the game. So I don't think the problem is patch 1.2.

I've tried to re-install the game four times with no good outcome -.-