Sign in with
Your question

Driving Games

Last response: in Video Games
November 27, 2011 12:28:44 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to this, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong, but anyways I want to ask you for a nice driving games...
I have played loads of NFS games, and so on... But want to know if there is a game with the Top Cars, like buggati or anything like that, because I can't find any game tho...

And what do you say about Test Drive? Cause I have it, but will it be worth playing? :) 

More about : driving games

November 28, 2011 10:24:09 AM

Well, NFS Hot Pursuit (the new one) has a Bugatti Veyron. As well as several other superb cars like the Pagani Zonda and MacLaren F1. It's a pretty cool game, it's NFS all over again, with flashy lights, pretty graphics and interestingly challenging races and events. No free-roam driving, which is pretty much lame, but all in all it's a good game. Worth the money I paid for it.
November 28, 2011 1:40:01 PM

TDU 2 (Test Drive Unlimited) had a very poor launch. In fact, as I understand it's still a little buggy (as it's an online MMO for racing).

That said, I saw it on sale (STEAM) for 5$. At that price, It's definitely a bargain. The game isn't bad but it's not good either. The problem is that it doesn't have many contenders at the moment so...

Other franchises are bigger on consoles (Forza vs GT) but on PC, you're left with very little titles to choose from. I excluded games like Dirt as I suspect you're only looking for exotic car racing...
Related resources
November 28, 2011 6:04:19 PM

Test Drive 1 may be old, but it's still superb playing. Test Drive 3 is also excellent, large variety of cars, great fun.
November 29, 2011 4:43:01 PM

ok, will have a look how the test drive goes, and Toxxyc, thanks for updating me with the cars it has, didn't know that ;)  And hopefully that I have buyed a dual-core, my pc will be able to launch it, tryied it with a Single core 3.00GHz Hyperthreading to 2 cores ;)  And now have Dual core E5300 2.6GHz ;) 

But otherwise, NFS: Most Wanted and Carbon is my favourite out of NFS games, oh and Underground 2 aswell ;)  I didn't like Undercover, because of the cars and the pathetic cars I have to go against, so basicly I'm riding in a Nissan, the 1st cars, and I'm competing agaisnt Porsche, Lamborghini and few other nice cars, and guess what... my start was quicker, I could catch them with no problem and it was easy... And talking about the Nitro *pff* , it's just a quick fart going through your motor... As in fact I kind of disliked and kind of liked when ending a race u can press Tab and go to the next race, and as in fact if the pc isn't fast enough and produces lags, I like the way when they puase the game, launch all the backround, all the streets and then launch u again... But I think it wasn't a good game... So I didn't finish it... But as I see, still everyone is waiting when EA will hear us and make the bestest game on earth: Need For Speed: Underground 3

I absolutely think it will be the most buyed game in the year, because who has played NFS will see that they are just awesome, and when you can ride around with hidrolics on in NFS:U2 u think ur cool and that is just epic ;)  And as loads of comments around the youtube will say that they want NFS:U3 ;) 
November 29, 2011 5:24:30 PM

seeback said:
ok, will have a look how the test drive goes, and Toxxyc, thanks for updating me with the cars it has, didn't know that ;)  And hopefully that I have buyed a dual-core, my pc will be able to launch it, tryied it with a Single core 3.00GHz Hyperthreading to 2 cores ;)  And now have Dual core E5300 2.6GHz ;) 

But otherwise, NFS: Most Wanted and Carbon is my favourite out of NFS games, oh and Underground 2 aswell ;)  I didn't like Undercover, because of the cars and the pathetic cars I have to go against, so basicly I'm riding in a Nissan, the 1st cars, and I'm competing agaisnt Porsche, Lamborghini and few other nice cars, and guess what... my start was quicker, I could catch them with no problem and it was easy... And talking about the Nitro *pff* , it's just a quick fart going through your motor... As in fact I kind of disliked and kind of liked when ending a race u can press Tab and go to the next race, and as in fact if the pc isn't fast enough and produces lags, I like the way when they puase the game, launch all the backround, all the streets and then launch u again... But I think it wasn't a good game... So I didn't finish it... But as I see, still everyone is waiting when EA will hear us and make the bestest game on earth: Need For Speed: Underground 3

I absolutely think it will be the most buyed game in the year, because who has played NFS will see that they are just awesome, and when you can ride around with hidrolics on in NFS:U2 u think ur cool and that is just epic ;)  And as loads of comments around the youtube will say that they want NFS:U3 ;) 

The problem with the NFS series is that it's been switched between studios because of it's poor success (in sales) after NFS:U2. The underground series were great but consumers also expect great...so they have a lot to prove if they want to go back in that territory. You'll probably see a NFS:U3 (in fact, I see it as their last chance to get the racing community back).
November 29, 2011 5:29:48 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
The problem with the NFS series is that it's been switched between studios because of it's poor success (in sales) after NFS:U2. The underground series were great but consumers also expect great...so they have a lot to prove if they want to go back in that territory. You'll probably see a NFS:U3 (in fact, I see it as their last chance to get the racing community back).

well, hopefully they will make it ;)  But otherwise NFS:The Run looks really good, and the bad thing is that my graphics card can't keep up to the graphics it asks for, so i will have to wait for some money...

But just to make sure, is it Alex S. or I'm mistaking?
November 30, 2011 4:10:09 AM

seeback said:
I didn't like Undercover, because of the cars and the pathetic cars I have to go against, so basicly I'm riding in a Nissan, the 1st cars, and I'm competing agaisnt Porsche, Lamborghini and few other nice cars, and guess what... my start was quicker, I could catch them with no problem and it was easy... And talking about the Nitro *pff* , it's just a quick fart going through your motor... As in fact I kind of disliked and kind of liked when ending a race u can press Tab and go to the next race, and as in fact if the pc isn't fast enough and produces lags, I like the way when they puase the game, launch all the backround, all the streets and then launch u again...

That's the thing about Hot Pursuit - the first car you race is a Porsche (Boxster something). Things only escalade from there on, which is pretty awesome.

Worth mention though - this is like the older NFS games were, you're playing purely for the races. There is no story attached to the game (at least from what I've seen in my few hours of gameplay), so don't expect an NFS:U2 kind of game. You don't have a sandbox style world either, you select races from a list and race them, and that's it.

The graphics is pretty cool, although the damage system is a bit one-sided, and the game has a few "bugs" you can exploit quite comically. Also, some of the races are incredibly hard to get gold status on, as you have to race some of them with specific cars which doesn't corner and whatnot.

Oh, and you can't upgrade your rides. You race a factory standard car and that's it. Not that it bothers me though, it's still quite fun.
November 30, 2011 10:49:36 AM

Ok, will have to try it ;)  But I have tried it before, but it was lagging abit, thats why I stopped, but that was around with the single core :)  Will have to try it with this duo core ;) 
And yh, the game is like a fast nice ride, like freedom... The quality was superb! :D  Yh, the damage wasn't really good but the game was still nice ;) 

Why can't the NFS make a game with GRID and TESTDRIVE makers, unless EA is involved with the last two, cause I think one of them was EA... But anyways, make a game with all the cars, with all the possible upgrades, really huge map... Even like when open a game, u can choose what kind you want: Campaign (everything mixed together) Races (loads of races around some tracks) Freeroam (only freeroam, as in fact you can put hydrolics in, add loads of cars and people there, and see how would it be in real life, loose points when hit a car, or when you drive over a red light, cops tries to catch you...) And Underground mode, basic explantion is Underground 2, but allot better...
December 1, 2011 8:20:39 AM

^ I was about to recommend the Forza series myself. Good games, they are.

Oh, and I think the word you're looking for in your sig is "constantly" and not "consistently". "Consistent" means "regular", whereas "constant" means "without stopping".
!