Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Make skyrim less laggy.

Last response: in Video Games
November 27, 2011 5:43:33 PM

I just recently upgraded my graphics card to make skyrim less laggy, it did work, but only a little bit.
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 511 dual core (3.2 Ghz I think)
RAM: 5Gb DDR3
I tried portal one and it ran extremely smooth on highest graphics settings, but skyrim runs just a little laggy (like 25 fps) no matter what graphics setting I'm on. Please help, I've tried the trick to remove mouse lag, which helped, but there still is a little frame skippage when I look around or attack something.
Thanks in advance.

More about : make skyrim laggy

Best solution

November 28, 2011 10:29:16 AM

That's because the 6450 isn't a very powerful card at all. All you can really do is lower the resolution and update all drivers.

Also remember you cannot compare Skyrim and Portal. The two games differ with more than 4 years, making it a very easy game to run. Trying to bench run Skyrim based on benchies posted by Portal is like trying to predict the outcome of a Formula 1 race by driving the course with a VW Beetle.
November 28, 2011 10:30:44 AM

Toxxyc said:
That's because the 6450 isn't a very powerful card at all. All you can really do is lower the resolution and update all drivers.

Also remember you cannot compare Skyrim and Portal. The two games differ with more than 4 years, making it a very easy game to run. Trying to bench run Skyrim based on benchies posted by Portal is like trying to predict the outcome of a Formula 1 race by driving the course with a VW Beetle.

+1
Score
Related resources
November 28, 2011 5:17:05 PM

Alright, thanks everyone, I wish I knew about the 6450 before I bought it. oh well, at least I can still play it.
Score
December 7, 2011 11:02:46 PM

Best answer selected by Metalio.
Score
!