XP Pro Defragger Item

Can someone pls advise on this.
I have a 3 month old computer with 160G Hard Drive and approx 10G of data.
When I run the defragger everything goes OK but there is a green band
(legend says it is unmovable) that keeps moving farther and farther to the
right. The distance between the files (blue) on the left and this green band
keeps widening. The distance is in white (legend says free space).
My format is NTFS and I believe the green is the MFT's, why even after
defragging does this free space keep widening? At this rate the green band
will be all the way to the left of the defrag scale within 6 months - then
what?
Is there any way to close this gap either with the Windows Defragger or a
Third Party Defragger?
Thanks

Why does this concern you? Are you afraid that the green band may fall onto
the floor?

Is there a particular problem that your computer is experiencing that you
feel may be related to the moving green band?
--
Ted Zieglar

"Lexus" <Lexus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone pls advise on this.
> I have a 3 month old computer with 160G Hard Drive and approx 10G of data.
> When I run the defragger everything goes OK but there is a green band
> (legend says it is unmovable) that keeps moving farther and farther to the
> right. The distance between the files (blue) on the left and this green
band
> keeps widening. The distance is in white (legend says free space).
> My format is NTFS and I believe the green is the MFT's, why even after
> defragging does this free space keep widening? At this rate the green band
> will be all the way to the left of the defrag scale within 6 months - then
> what?
> Is there any way to close this gap either with the Windows Defragger or a
> Third Party Defragger?
> Thanks

Well yes I am !!!
Seriously, mainly interested in why XP does what it does. Just seemed
logical that the defragger would close the gap.
Concern also is that since I utilize, then delete a lot of smaller type
files that this may indicate that the MFT Zone is getting quiet large.
So what does happen if the the green band continues to move to the right?