Compaq Presario 6000 restore problem.

Hello to all.

I have a customer whose Compaq went down because of multiple virus
attacks. I had to format whole hd and install WinXP. Now, this is a problem:

I installed windows with Operating system CD like any other computer.
Problem is that now i can't restore Works and Word from restore cd's
because the cd's are for system restore. Is there any way to install
only Works and Word without formatting hd and installing WindowsXP
again? In XP we don't have any of compaqs expansioins, because of
install method of xp. The operating system is from compaq's restore cd
pack and it is the original op sys of the computer.

I wonder now, can i install Compaqs "quick restore" feature to xp in
anyway or can i edit restore cd in way that i can straight install word
and works?

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 6000 restore problem

    "Gary" <at@dot.com> wrote in message news:409A0802.7040804@dot.com...
    Problem solved. Proper install programs are included in restore cd's.
    Word and Works will found on Productive Applications disc. Files are
    deep in directory and can be installed without any Compaq s*itty software.

    Btw, Compaq's technical support told me that there is not any other way
    that format and full re-install.

    That's right. I've worked on a few, too. And that is just one of the minor
    reasons why I couldn't be paid enough to own one.

    MJS

    "Jan" <mjs@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c8egrr01jeg@enews4.newsguy.com>...
    > "Gary" <at@dot.com> wrote in message news:409A0802.7040804@dot.com...
    > Problem solved. Proper install programs are included in restore cd's.
    > Word and Works will found on Productive Applications disc. Files are
    > deep in directory and can be installed without any Compaq s*itty software.
    >
    > Btw, Compaq's technical support told me that there is not any other way
    > that format and full re-install.
    >
    > That's right. I've worked on a few, too. And that is just one of the minor
    > reasons why I couldn't be paid enough to own one.
    >
    > MJS

    You can install everything without running the Restore Plus! but
    Windows XP Home requires activation. When you use the Restore Plus set
    it self activates. You cannot active a Compaq product with Micrsoft
    regular way using a Compaq OS.

    So this set up will work but only for 14 days after that you will need
    to format and reinstall.

    Adam

Compaq CD-Rom Computers