Slow when right clicking

I just got a Compaq Presario 2.53 Celeron, 248 Meg RAM, 40 GB hard drive.
When i right click within a folder, it takes from 5-7 seconds for the menu to
pop up. I also noticed that according to the CPU perfomance in the task
manager that the CPU usage jumps to 100% right as the menu opens and stays at
100% until I close out the menu. Repeating this does not speed up the
process. Do I need more memory and why does the processor work so hard ?
2 answers Last reply
More about slow clicking

    Many third-party applications add extra options to the context (right-click)
    menu.
    And some of them do not perform very well. Not sure if that’s your case ...

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

    Right click causes and error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing Windows XP SP2?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Smokey's Helper" <Smokey's Helper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02F1C4CC-AE07-4008-8987-F17233AF1224@microsoft.com...
    I just got a Compaq Presario 2.53 Celeron, 248 Meg RAM, 40 GB hard drive.
    When i right click within a folder, it takes from 5-7 seconds for the menu to
    pop up. I also noticed that according to the CPU perfomance in the task
    manager that the CPU usage jumps to 100% right as the menu opens and stays at
    100% until I close out the menu. Repeating this does not speed up the
    process. Do I need more memory and why does the processor work so hard ?

Windows XP