after installing Office XP on Windows XP gives low on Virtaul memory error
and system hanges

I am having RAM of 128 MB

"adesai" wrote:

> after installing Office XP on Windows XP gives low on Virtaul memory error
> and system hanges

Small amounts of RAM and low capacity hard drives are not conducive to
running XP well at all.. you need to be looking at 512mb RAM and a 20gb Hard
drive..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

"adesai" <adesai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after installing Office XP on Windows XP gives low on Virtaul memory error
> and system hanges

Hi

Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

adesai wrote:
> I am having RAM of 128 MB

And I bet your hard drive is about 10GB, right? You need to quadruple both
your RAM and your hard drive capacity. Your system, as it stands, is not
capable of running XP.

on salads.

I am having 40gb hard drive, virtual memory setting was kept to 192 MB but
still I was getting Low on virtual memory.

after increasing Virtual memory to 300mb , i am not getting this error .