Kill death ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlyusemeisaac

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
0.4 is better than 0.3 K/D ratio is the ratio between kills and deaths in a game. a KD of 1 means there is 1 kill for every death. KD of 2 means 2 kills for every death, etc.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
The K/D ratio is in fact Kills divided by Deaths.

i.e.
1 Kill 1 death = 1.0 K/D ratio
2 kill 1 death = 2.0 K/D ratio
1 kill 2 death = 0.5 K/D ratio

357 kill 231 death = 1.55 K/D ratio

Edited: Higher is better. Depending on which games you're looking at, certain games calculate the K/D differently. For instance, Halo and COD are different in that one of them don't count death (when it's a suicide whereas the other one does). So there are slight difference between games but overall, a K/D equal or greater than 1.0 is very good).

Simple enough?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

By the way guys, K/D isn't everything. I see too many COD players bragging about their K/D, it's frustrating to think most COD players only think K/D.

IMO, K/D is important only if all you play is FFA or TDM. Otherwise, it doesn't matter that much. I'd rather see people playing the objective (i.e. cap flags in Domination). They're the ones carrying/winning the games...not people camping far from any danger to safely pick a few kills during the match because they never saw action.

It's a shame MW3 doesn't show the objective points in the match summary (as it leads to people only caring about K/D)...which is quite lame, IMO. Black Ops did it and it showed the difference between who camped and who played the objective.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007

I agree. I know I get shot many times in BF3 cause I have my paddles out trying to revive someone or I am throwing down a a med kit. Not to mention I like going after flags trying to capture the area while some guys are just worried about running around the map shooting at people. I get in and get dirty which usually results in me getting killed more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.