how do I replace corrupt or missing files in xp?

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 14, 2005 8:15:33 PM

Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
receive.Regards pcfanatic2.

--
pcfanatic2

More about : replace corrupt missing files

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 8:15:34 PM

Assuming that you have an XP CD (not the vendor recovery kind) and it is
placed into the drive, go to START - RUN and type the following line

sfc /scannow

Please note that there is always a space between the command and the
switch..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

"pcfanatic2" <pcfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
news:p cfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net...

> Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
> in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
> find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
> receive.Regards pcfanatic2.
>

> --
> pcfanatic2
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 8:15:34 PM

Depends. Many times when you receive that error message it means that you
have a virus or spyware. Exactly what files are 'corrupt or missing'?
--
Ted Zieglar

"pcfanatic2" <pcfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
news:p cfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net...

> Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
> in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
> find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
> receive.Regards pcfanatic2.
>

> --
> pcfanatic2
January 14, 2005 8:58:59 PM

Hi

From Start>Run type the following

sfc /scannow

Please have your XP CD to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"pcfanatic2" <pcfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
news:p cfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net...

> Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
> in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
> find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
> receive.Regards pcfanatic2.
>

> --
> pcfanatic2
January 15, 2005 3:00:16 PM

What does one do if you don't have an XP CD? Don't remember ever seeing one
when I got my HP a few years ago.

"Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Assuming that you have an XP CD (not the vendor recovery kind) and it is
> placed into the drive, go to START - RUN and type the following line
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> Please note that there is always a space between the command and the
> switch..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>

> "pcfanatic2" <pcfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> news:p cfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net...
> >
> > Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
> > in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
> > find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
> > receive.Regards pcfanatic2.
> >

> > --
> > pcfanatic2

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:25:04 PM

i have some missing and/or corrupt files also. but when i do the run thing
and i put my xp cd in it says it isnt the right cd >.< is there another way i
can do this?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> From Start>Run type the following
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> Please have your XP CD to hand.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "pcfanatic2" <pcfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> news:p cfanatic2.1iv0dn@pcbanter.net...
> >
> > Hi,everybody can anyone tell me how to replace corrupt or missing files
> > in xp.I liked the file restore utility in win 98 but cannot seem to
> > find similar in xp.My thanks in advance for any help I may
> > receive.Regards pcfanatic2.
> >

> > --
> > pcfanatic2

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 7:23:50 AM

Hi

Open Windows Explorer and search for a folder named i386. Try pointing to
that when asked for the XP CD.

--

!