More Questions on ASUS A7V266-E

lurker

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
For the Clear RTC RAM, do you always have to keep the jumper setting off? I'm a little confused, I think you are suppose to leave it off for the first boot and then put it back on. I can't try this because I thought there was something wrong with my processor and I shipped it back...LoL. I should be getting a fresh new XP 1800with in a week.

lurker

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
The Question is I don't know the exact procedure to the Clear RTC RAM. The instructions are a little fuzzy, it is my first time building a computer I need a little guidens here. If someone could give me a little more detail inregards to doing this I would really appreciate it, thanks.

G

The manual is backwards, when you clear the cmos you want to short out the pins next to the battery. The easiest way to do this is to use a jumper. Leave the jumper on, remove the battery (be careful it tends to jump out at ya), then put the battery back in , remove the jumper. I always as a precaution unplug my power supply from my motherboard as well as unplugging the power cord from the back of the power supply before doing anything on my motherboard.
Hope this helps!

G

I had the same problem. Went through everything trying to get the system to boot. Building 1st computer also. I followed all the directions in the AsusA7V266-E booklet. I found out that if the jumper is on, the system will not boot. Booklet said if you take the jumper off and take battery off and put it back, then put jumper back on it will reset the cmos. Well it took me a week to figure it out by myself. Even sent 1st motherboard back thinking it was bad. When the 2nd board did the same thing. I was ready to brake out the hammer, lol. Then I took the cmos jumper off and it fired right up. One little jumper and a bunch of lazy proofreaders at Asus that didn't take the time to proof read the book properly. As for the board. It rocks! With a AthlonXp1700, 512megs of DDR, Windows2000 and a G3ti card. This one makes me very happy. So if your system won't start. TAKE THE JUMPER OFF THE CMOS! Thanks Asus, <geez>

TRENDING THREADS