Need to always refresh page to get to a page first time

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

All

Since few days (after I installed MS Antispyware and removed all spyware) I
need to always hit refresh or Go twice to get to a page first time. First
time it always gives page cannot be found DNS error. But on refresh the page
appears.Sometimes when the pages come up some of the images are broken. I
have tried all possible solution like LSPfix, winsock reset, reset TCP/IP
stack etc..

I even tried to do system restore but can only restore to after the spyware
was installed. XP will not allow me to restore before that time. However
even after restore I cannot resolve this issue. Once I have visited a site I
do not need to hit refresh, only the first time. However the image still
comes as broken and only after hitting refresh they become allright.

Any idea what the problem is.

I am running XP SP2.

Thanks
Ravi

"Ravi Prasad" <ravip_27@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All
>
> Since few days (after I installed MS Antispyware and removed all
> spyware) I need to always hit refresh or Go twice to get to a page
> first time. First time it always gives page cannot be found DNS
> error. But on refresh the page appears.Sometimes when the pages come
> up some of the images are broken. I have tried all possible solution
> like LSPfix, winsock reset, reset TCP/IP stack etc..
>
> I even tried to do system restore but can only restore to after the
> spyware was installed. XP will not allow me to restore before that
> time. However even after restore I cannot resolve this issue. Once I
> have visited a site I do not need to hit refresh, only the first
> time. However the image still comes as broken and only after hitting
> refresh they become allright.
> Any idea what the problem is.
>
> I am running XP SP2.
>
> Thanks
> Ravi

From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

3. Click OK, and then click OK again when you receive the following message:

DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded.

4. If that doesn't fix it, see this article:

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

5. If you are using WinXP try this:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IE_Default_Browser.reg

You can also try this:

Go to Start/run, and type SFC (msconfig for WinXP).
Choose 'Extract One File From Installation Disk' ("Expand File" for WinXP).
Type oleaut32.dll, not worrying about its location. Then, click Start.

Next to 'Restore From', type in or browse for the file's location, which is
probably in the Win98 (i386 for WinXP) folder of your installation CD-ROM
(typically D:\Win98), or in your Windows\Options\Cabs (Windows\i386 for
WinXP) folder, as the case may be.

Then, next to 'Save File In', enter C:\Windows\System (C:\Windows\System32
for WinXP), and click OK. System File Checker (or msconfig) looks for the
file, saves it as you requested, and then tells you that 'the file has been
successfully extracted'.

You may need to reboot.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE