• PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Games
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 28, 2011 7:58:13 PM

Hey there!
OK, so here's the just of it: I try to join a game in either Battlefield 3 or Bad Company, it loads the level, blah, blah and I almost immediately get kicked. Usually with the error message: 'Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '*****' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe'
***** being my username, of course.

-Only happens in PunkBuster protected servers.
-Tried closing all other running programs including firewalls.
-Tried uninstalling every PB file I can find and reinstalling them again using this http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php .
-Tried repairing game in Origin.
-Tried clean install of BF3.
-Googled everything |I could think of and nothing seemed to help.

When I look at my services through Task Manager or Administrative Tool > Services PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB are stopped. I have a theory that my iObit Advanced SystemCare 5 beta 2 may have stopped them permanently in it's 'System Optimization' but I don't know.

BF3 was working with no problems until I think the 22nd November patch, just sayin'.
Any tips?
Thanks!

More about : battlefield punkbuster kicked servers

November 28, 2011 8:28:46 PM

have u tried uninstalling avsc? i love the program but it has interfered with things on my pc before...
November 28, 2011 11:12:03 PM

Ben95 said:
have u tried uninstalling avsc? i love the program but it has interfered with things on my pc before...

Well, I have now. Still not working.
Related resources
November 29, 2011 12:29:08 PM

can you restart those services manually?
November 29, 2011 5:32:18 PM

yes check if punkbuster is working - it have a selfcheck option checking if correct installed - all needed services is running and last version :) 
November 29, 2011 10:07:43 PM

Yes just update PB to the newest version and that should do the trick. Or ......Someone in your household on that computer or another at the IP used a hack and once the game sees your IP it boots you for previously cheating.
November 30, 2011 2:03:44 PM

Try running 'pbsvc.exe' in your installation folder.

\Battlefield 3\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

This fixed it for me.
November 30, 2011 3:33:25 PM

Nope, I've tried every way of updating it.

envymert said:
Yes just update PB to the newest version and that should do the trick. Or ......Someone in your household on that computer or another at the IP used a hack and once the game sees your IP it boots you for previously cheating.

And no, no-one else's used the multiplayer.
!