I try to run disk defrag and it tells me Windows can not open DFRG.MSC. The
error message tells me that I need to tell Windows what program created the
file. Then it asks me to either go to the web or select the program from a
list. What should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks

A few things can cause this to occur. You will be unable to open dfrg.msc
unless you log into Windows with administrative rights. Another possibility
is that the .msc file association has been corrupted. File associations tell
Windows what programs to use when opening a specific file type. You may wish
to try a system restore to a time before you had this problem.
HTH