Disk Defragmenter Problems

I try to run disk defrag and it tells me Windows can not open DFRG.MSC. The
error message tells me that I need to tell Windows what program created the
file. Then it asks me to either go to the web or select the program from a
list. What should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about disk defragmenter problems

    A few things can cause this to occur. You will be unable to open dfrg.msc
    unless you log into Windows with administrative rights. Another possibility
    is that the .msc file association has been corrupted. File associations tell
    Windows what programs to use when opening a specific file type. You may wish
    to try a system restore to a time before you had this problem.
    HTH
    "Cr250cowboy" <Cr250cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...
    > I try to run disk defrag and it tells me Windows can not open DFRG.MSC.
    The
    > error message tells me that I need to tell Windows what program created
    the
    > file. Then it asks me to either go to the web or select the program from a
    > list. What should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks

Defragment Microsoft Error Message Windows XP